Chap 2: Birthday?

Start from the beginning

The shopkeeper grew restless while I searched for my money pouch.

Pat
Pat

I gave him a sheepish smile as glared at me, and then something clicked.

Those sneaky lil brats!

I gave the owner the bread back and dashed towards those tiny heads that took my money pouch. Giggling among themselves.

I'm gonna smash their heads in and then feed them the bread

I pushed past the crowd which was hard and I was losing track of the kids. Thug looking stupid kids. I saw them looking back at me, grinning with their mishaped teeth.

I'm gonna break more of them.

Pushing past the nice old lady, I ran after them and took swift turns around the alleys but either I'm lazy or these kids are quick.

If only a hand shot up from the ground and caught them or something!

They turned around to stick their tongues out at me and immediately fell face forward.

"HA!" I laughed and caught up to the one on the floor while his partner ran ahead, leaving his friend behind.

Betrayal at this age?

Well I'm not one to talk.

I knelt down at the fallen kid who was trembling and staring at his foot, "Hey calm down kid. I'm not actually going to smash your head in. Just give me the wallet."

"I...I ..don't have it."

"Now don't lie. Unless you want me to smash your head in."

"M..my friend has it."

I tsked and groaned, "Ugh fine. Why aren't you getting up then? "

At least lead me to him

His trembling finger pointed to his ankle, my eyes lowered and I immediately froze.

There was a bony hand holding his ankle in place from the ground.

Ok creepy.

"The ...heck is that?" I questioned and was answered by a much older voice.

"A decayed human hand." I looked up and saw a tall man, slouched standing there with tired eyes and holding the other kid. In the other hand he held my money pouch.

I immediately ran up to him as he let the kid go and both scampered away. I stopped establishing some distance between the stranger and I.

I extended my hand out, "It's mine." He stared at me for a sec and threw the pouch at me which I failed to catch and bent over to pick it up.

"I'm guessing you aren't aware of what you just did." He spoke grimly as if he didn't had enough sleep, I nodded, "I got my money back. I can pay for the bread. The only scolding I'll get is of how late I am. I think I know what I did for today."

He shook his head and walked past me, stopping after a while, "If you want to hone your quirk. Come looking for me."

Now why would I come look for a stranger.

I looked back and saw his dark eyes on me, "I can teach. Or at least try to. If that is what you want." He pointed to the dead human hand and then stared right into my eyes as his own turned red and his dark hair became afloat.

"As I said. If you want to." I saw the hand had disappeared, there was just a hole in the ground. I tried to piece the puzzle together when someone who was following the dark haired man bumped into me.

I grumbled, "Watch it."

The kid I'm assuming who was of my height but covered in head to toe with a cloak, matched my tone, "Then don't stand in the fucking way extra."

I rolled my eyes and took my belongings. It took me a while to understand everything that had happened while I was eating dinner at home.

"Don't stand in the fucking way extra"

I spat my food out and the complains of my foster mother went deaf to my ears.

Oh my God only one person uses the word "extra."

Why is my brain so slow? Why can't I join pieces quickly? Tch I should eat more to get my brain working.

I sat down to eat again and met another realization.

I spat my food again and now my foster mother's smacks to my head went unnoticed.

Oh my God I have a quirk.

I immediately grabbed the hand that was smacking me with my two hands, "Oka san. I know what I want for my birthday now."

I hope this doesn't bite me in the as—

She stared at me suspiciously, "Well...what is it?" I twiddled my thumb, "Well someone said I had a potential for magic...so I was thinking.."

"Absolutely not. You can't be seen or heard by anyone big." She picked the plates and went ahead.

Ofcourse I knew that. I've been avoiding the King's men for a while, I'll make sure they don't take me back to the castle. I'm sure as long as I don't involve myself into the life of the castle, then those events won't happen.

"I used you."

I shook my head,"He said that if I don't learn it, then it might cause harm to others." I mumbled and she stopped washing the dishes, "and I'll conceal myself I promise."

I think I know who the man in black was, but Bakugo has no information about the missing princesses so it's fine.

I guess

Besides...I trust him.

"I promise I won't get caught. I don't want to get caught." I ended with that and Oka san laughed, "Why wouldn't you want them to find you? You'll live in a big castle won't you? Have everything you want! They'll just kill me instead, thinking I kidnapped you or something."

She said bitterly as I balled my fists and looked down. She continued, "It was your mother who wanted me to spare you that life. Heaven knows why. So why wouldn't you want to get caught huh?"

I bit my lip, "I just...don't want to."

"Just stay put will you?"

"I trusted you."

She was silent until she sighed, "Fine... You can learn. But if you get caught and I die, I won't forgive you."

"I promise I won't! You won't die this time Oka san."

"What do you mean by 'this time'?"

"Nothing."

Now if I do get caught

Atleast I'll have some skill to protect myself and Oka san with.

To be continued
I'm laying the groundwork for this story atm, so it might be a bit boring at the start, hopefully it spices up soon.

Click the star if it was worth it