01

y/n's pov

august 16, 2003.

i looked at the window. watching the kids playing outside even though it's already dark. i wonder if i would ever make friends before i die. these past few days, my parents didn't pay attention to me very well. i feel so lonely. well, i'm lonely in my whole life.

12 years of living... that long. can you wonder how boring it is? i'm dying inside. nothing new.

i know that my parents are stressed everyday. they're working hard just to pay the bills, medicines, checkups, the room...

i am hopeless. about everything. i feel like i'm a burden to my parents... to everyone. especially to my doctors. many of them gave up, after knowing my condition.

because of this fragile heart.

there's no hope.

sometimes, i think that, if i ever born in a normal condition, will i make a lot of friends? or... what am i doing right now? hanging out with them? can i be a perfect daughter? all of those thoughts are running on my mind.

i'm always hoping that maybe someday, i'll get better. like magic. even if there's only a little bit of chance for it.

i want to be in a school where all of the students are laughing and enjoying their youth. i'm still young. i hope i can enjoy mine too. or just have someone that i can rely on.

all my life, i've been into homeschooling. it's kinda draining.

friends... those are the last wishes on my bucket list. because i know that i will never have one. the world is cruel, isn't it? unfair indeed. why can't i be one of those normal kids? ...why me?

someone knocked on my door. but i didn't respond, knowing that it's one of the new doctors again.

i looked at the door and some blonde-haired boy surprised me. looks like the same age as me. before i said anything, he left and go into the next room. leaving my door open.

what's wrong with him?!

i walked through the door, looking out for him. he's still running in the hallway. looking in each one of the doors. i heard some of the patients shout too. maybe because they're also bothered by him.

i got curious so i walked silently, trying to catch up on him. he looks in a hurry situation so i don't bother to ask him. i just found myself going on the same path.

he leaned in the wall and sat upon the ground, crying.

did he lose his parents' room or something?

at first, i hesitated to check upon him. but i stand in front of him and say, "are you lost? ehm, i was just wondering... maybe i can help." i asked him.

he wiped his tears and meet me with his fierce eyes. i got goosebumps. but then, he spoke, "i'm looking for my brother's room," he quietly said.

but before i asked something i heard some noise outside. the ambulance.

i offered my hand to him and he hesitantly looked at it. though, he accepted and he ran there. i also went there with him. worried, that he might get lost.

then, i saw the unconscious patient. maybe it's his brother. i looked at him, i can tell that he's breaking down inside. he just stands there, completely frozen.

then, three boys are also running from the entrance. they all looked at the blonde. i can see in their eyes that they are worried for him.

the doctors and nurses rushed into the operating room.

i hate to admit it but, i feel like there's no chance anymore for that guy.. it looks like he loses a lot of blood from his head. man, that sucks. i kinda feel sorry.

the three boys ran to the boy.

"mikey! tell us what happened?! where's baji and kazutora?" a boy with a scary look spoke. but after mikey heard those names, he looked at him and gave him a death glare. damn, if only glare can kill people.. he's dead now. i shivered at the sight.

"don't rush him, pah." the soft purple-haired said.

"let's go, mikey. we'll see him tomorrow, don't worry." the tall boy with a dragon tattoo in his head said while tapping his shoulder.

he's still standing there and looked at me. "thank you." he quietly said while looking at me. he started walking away as i watched him at the entrance.

the three of his friends looked at me. the two of them also went to the same path as mikey.

the soft purple-haired stayed so i looked at him, waiting for him to speak. "have you saw what happened?" he asked me.

"uh... no. we kinda b-bumped to each other... uhh- so- i-..." he smiled.

"it's okay. though, i'm also thankful for you... being there with mikey. uh-" he said, i felt like he was asking for my name.

"y/n.. ichinose y/n."

"y/n. well then, see you around i guess." i nodded, "can you please call me if you ever heard some news about shinichiro-kun?" he asked.

"well, sure."

"nice, thank you. here's my number. we'll be back tomorrow as soon as possible. see you!" he said and also exited the hospital.

i looked at the paper.

but something is bothering me more... is there any chance that he will survive? what clearly happened?

suddenly, curiosity drives all over my body.