[why did] kairi consentino

giggles from our little selfs flooded the playground as our feet and hands nestled in the warm beige sand

the boys and girls would always look at us so weird and they'd even call you weird but, they never acknowledged me. it was weird we both thought.

why did they ignore me kai?

in the classroom, we'd trade crayons because i never had blue, but you'd never have red. so we always shared our own to make sure our drawing looked good.

i always laughed because you'd color out of the lines kai, and the teacher would get mad.

but, your eyebrows would always furrow when she wouldn't yell at me when my unicorn was nothing but, a pink blob on the colorful sheet.

as we grew older, our conversations only seemed to be when we were in your room. at school, you would walk away and slam your blue locker door in my face.

why did you become so cold kai?

our shoes began growing following our age, our conversations were no longer as you said i wasn't wanted.

your eyes would be filled with rage as your stomped from the room ignoring my pleas.

you grew so angry at me. you tried touching me but, i always backed away.

why did you become so scared kai?

your friends came over more often and you'd just glare at me. you wouldn't talk to me anymore even when i asked for help on the homework.

when they left, you'd simply say why i was annoying you.

my eyes would fill with hot tears as i tried to explain that you needed me and i needed you.

you would try to push me but, i'd walk away. you would throw books and shoes at me as you cursed at me.

"y/n leave me alone!"

"stop it!"

"you don't understand how much i hate you."

why did you become so angry kai?

you seemed more stressed as now your eyes were filled with love and lust for me while mine remained sad.

sad that it was wrong for me to love you. that wasn't my true power.

to love you was nothing but, a fake truth.

graduation neared as you began partying and enjoying life. when you were heavily drunk, your lustful whispers tracked down my spine.

only for your friends to take you home because the beer was making you hallucinate.

the beer was hurting you they said.

as you sobered up from the cold glass of water as it dripped down your chin, you grabbed mine.

"i love you y/n." you mumbled.

why did you love me kai?

the girl stumbled into the room as a book fell from my hands. sadness traveled your eyes as you looked at me. the girl nibbling on your neck.

tears streamed my face as the salty taste ran into my mouth.

the girl looked at you confused as you looked into my direction.

her blue eyes met with my brown eyes as they widened.

her eyes squinted as her eyebrows furrowed together.

"kairi there is no one there." she mumbled as she quickly dragged her lips down his face.

but his eyes gained tears, as he watched the hurt that covered my face.

my eyes traveled to the mirror as nothing but, air stood where my feet laid.

a sad smile played with my lips as i walked towards kairi who now had the girl impatiently waiting on the bed.

"bye kairi." i sweetly mumbled as my lips touched his cheek.

i knew that a little girl or boy out there needed a little imagination help.

as i wandered from the house of another mission, i couldn't stop but, to fall apart.

i've helped thousands of kids.

why did this hurt so much kai?

KAIRIS POV

why did you leave me y/n?