LXXVIII - She Was The Strength He Needed

Start from the beginning

As she touched his forehead, she found out his skin had started to warm. Had he caught her fever?

Soon his eyes started to close as he leaned against her still heaving for air. His chest rose up and down and Seraphina held him close to her as his body redirected intense heat.

She recalled his curse burns that he suffers all the time. It must have started to act up now and Seraphina felt so pained to see him in that state. He could barely move. As if the pain had increased tenfold. Why couldn't the pain just go away? Why did he have to suffer? Her mind was clogged with questions, fear and sadness.

Demian somehow gained his consciousness and pushed away her hand and growled angrily, "I said it's nothing! I have to go to my room." His voice was breaking and hoarse and he could barely stand but he held the bed and stood up. Sweat appeared on his forehead and it seemed his consciousness was hanging on the thread.

He had started to walk but as his body trembled, Seraphina could see he was trying not to show his pain on his outer walls.

"Demian..." She mumbled and stood up as well. 'Why do you have to act all tough before me?' She wanted to ask but knowing him, he would lash out on her.

He was just a stubborn brat!

Seraphina went behind him and held the door closed as he glared at her, "What do you think you are doing?"

"Just stay here."

"I need to go back to my-" before he could say anything Seraphina dragged him to the bed as he growled, "What-?"

"Just sleep here! You are not in a good condition to go to your room." Seraphina growled, making him stop but she could feel the daggers he was sending in her way. Seraphina had to praise him as he was still in pain yet he had the energy to lash out on her.

"And why should I obey your orders!" He said through his gritted teeth as she dragged him to the bed. He had no power to fight with her but his glares could make anyone cry.

"Because," Seraphina stubbornly pushed him to the bed as he fell on the mattress and growled as her anger was reaching at the tip of her head, "I am your wife!"

Demian for a moment went stunned at her boldness but the anger he had perished immediately as he looked at her with wide eyes. Seraphina huffed in anger but as soon as she realized what she had said, she flustered.

"I mean, stay here today and after...err...after recovering go to your room." Seraphina's eyes drifted everywhere but him, "O-okay?"

Demian's eyes stayed on her for a while and then he moved his head away in a grumpy manner. He moved toward the other side of the bed. He had almost forgotten his pain. He might be angry but Seraphina's stubbornness felt so adorable that he couldn't help but listen to her.

What was she doing to him...

*****

Demian woke up wrapped in Seraphina's arms as her sandy smell hit his nose. Her wild curls fell on his face and he slowly stretched his hand to move them away. Her chest heaved as soft snores came out of her.

His bare body with cursed marks was on full display where Seraphina had no problem touching him. He didn't quite remember much but the memories of the previous night slowly came into his mind. He was burning yet she held him against her as if she was extracting all the pains away from him. If she had the power to do so, she would have done it. He recalled her worried face. It was all genuine and he could feel it. He knew Seraphina felt the same pain as he did.

Demian had never thought he would find someone who would have no problem to share his pain. The burns had subsided and now he could move but he didn't feel like it. He wanted to lay there wrapped around by her and watch her innocent face while she slept peacefully.