xi: ariana has a therapy session

Start from the beginning

"Hi," it said, it's voice high and squeaky. "Can Tinky get anything for you, miss?"

Ariana turned to Cedric in shock. He just raised an eyebrow. She looked down at Tinky. "Do you have chocolate chip cookies? And maybe a glass of milk?"

Tinky nodded before rushing off to get some.

"So, what do you think?" asked Cedric.

Ariana looked around, taking in the kitchen properly. The house elves were working diligently, cleaning dishes from dinner, which had just finished.

"Its...it's amazing," she said, "But do they enjoy it? Do they get paid? Or are they just slaves?"

Cedric shook his head. "House elves won't except pay. They don't like getting paid. We tried to free ours and pay him, but he kept crying whenever we brought it up. As bad as it is, they like it."

Ariana scrunched her nose. "That's stupid," she stated.

Cedric nodded. "Yep, but there is nothing we can do."

Tinky came back with a big plate of cookies and a big glass of milk. "Does Miss want anything else?" she squeaked. Ariana shook her head kindly.

"No thank you Tinky, but these smell delicious," she said. Tinky beamed up at her, before going to help the others.

Ariana sat down next to Cedric on the floor. "She is such a sweetheart," she said. "I want one."

Cedric laughed. "So, you want to tell me what they said?"

Ariana's smiled faded a little bit. She ended up explaining the day at Hogsmede. Cedric let her rant to him, gave her some advice and somehow managed to cheer her up by telling stupid jokes.

Hours had past before Ariana turned to look at the clock. "Shit," she cursed.

Cedric turned to look at her. "What is it?" he asked.

She stood up. "I've got to get back to my dorm to pack. I'm leaving tomorrow!"

Cedric snickered. "And you still haven't packed?" he asked.

She rolled her eyes. "I was supposed to do it today, but it completely slipped my mind! Shit. Shit."

She ran put the door. "See you when we get back!" she shouted over her shoulder.

She was half-way back to the tower when she ran into McGonagall.

"Ah, Ms. Black. I need to talk to you," she said.

"Sorry Professor, but I need to go pack, I haven't yet, you see."

"I'm afraid there's no need," said the woman, her face grave.

Ariana frowned, her fingers tapping anxiously on her leg. "Why?" she asked.

"The ministry doesn't think it would be very smart of you to travel back to America with your father still on the run," she said. "I'm sorry Ms. Black."

Ariana's mouth fell open. She wasn't allowed to go see Annabeth, Katie, Travis or Luke? "This cannot be legal!" she exclaimed. "Please, Professor, I have been looking forward to this for months! I miss home."

"I'm afraid there is nothing I can do. You must stay in Hogwarts where it's safe, where your father can't get you." McGonagall awkwardly patted her shoulder, before stalking back to her office.

Ariana huffed, putting her hands in her head. Great. Two weeks alone with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

After a very stressful conversation where she had to tell Annabeth they weren't spending Christmas together for the first time in over 5 years, she finally got back to Gryffindor Tower. She mumbled the password to the Fat Lady and entered the near empty common room.

She saw Hermione and Ron sitting beside the fire. As soon as they heard her enter, they jumped up and came over to her.

"Ariana, where were you? We were worried sick. You weren't at dinner, and we didn't see you get back, and no one had seen you all day!" Hermione rambled.

Ariana just shook her head. "Don't act like you care now," she spoke softly, too tired and upset to care. "See you in the morning."

Ignoring their attempts to apologise to her, she climbed the stairs and collapsed in her bed and pulled her curtains shut. She kicked off her shoes and clambered under the duvet, not having the energy to change her clothes. She fell asleep immediately, and for the fist time in months, slept without nightmares. 

𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒

Hey! Sorry this is such
a short chapter, I just
wanted to get something up.

Btw, BIG BROTHER VIBES ONLY
when in comes to Cedric. In a
lot of fanfics, the oc ends up
having something with Cedric,
but this will not happen here.
We do not support grooming.

In other news, how many of you
guys have watched Black Widow or Loki?