1 | Ain't Necessarily So (or 2+2=5)

Start from the beginning

    'Hi,' he says into the box on the wall.

    'Hey Tae, it's me, Bogum, let me in would you.'

Taehyung presses the button to release the door downstairs and hears it open and then footsteps approaching. He opens the door and goes back to the sofa. Bogum comes waltzing in.

    'So, what's new in the world of Kim Taehyung?' he asks, as he too flops onto the white leather sofa.

    'Not much. Flat 4 has a new tenant.'

    'Oh, anyone interesting?' he asks.

    'Young guy, biker, tattoos, too early to say.'

Bogum is familiar with Taehyung's tenants, he likes to categorise them.

    'Any action with Cat-lady?'

    'No, haven't seen anyone for more than a week.'

    'Bimbo?'

    'Throwing up her guts last night, must've been to the bar again.'

Bogum had given nicknames to all of Taehyung's tenants:

    Flat 1 - Sad man - Divorced father, struggling to pay paternity, sees son every other weekend.

    Flat 2 - Bimbo - Young blond girl, works in a coffee shop, parties hard at the weekends, often seen throwing up.

    Flat 3 - Cat-lady (though she isn't allowed any cats) - Older single lady, widow, looking for love, various potential beaux seen coming and going.

    Flat 4 - Position open.

    'Can I have a coffee?' Bogum asks, 'I'm gasping.'

    'Oh sure, sorry, I should have asked. Come with, then you can see what you think of "Flat 4".'

They both walk through to the kitchen and while Taehyung makes Bogum a coffee on his expensive Italian espresso machine, Bogum stares intently across to the flats and looks in to see the occupier of Flat 4, who is still sitting on the sofa.

    'Loads of tattoos, nice body, he's actually quite tasty

    'Loads of tattoos, nice body, he's actually quite tasty...fancy a bit of rough?'

Bogum laughs and Taehyung looks at him questioningly.

    'You know what I mean,' Bogum goes on, 'you could have a brief, torrid affair, ride round on his bike and see the seedier side of life, could be quite thrilling.'

He smirks at Taehyung.

    'Yeah, no thanks, not really my thing...so what is the plan for tonight?'

    'It's Jin's place for the big poker showdown.'

    'Oh yeah, I'd forgotten. Who's going to be there?'