He earnestly smiles at you, then gently takes your hand into his much larger one.

"I am ready to leave here," he notes, looking at you with an expression you cannot quite decipher, "...unless you aren't?"

'What is he getting at?'

You softly shake your head before responding.

"I am ready, also."

A subtle look of surprise covers his face at your words, but he nods before gathering a few papers and leading you out of the office, his hand still holding yours.

As you both step out, Michael greets you with a smile.

"Y/n! Dad!"

You weakly smile back, then feel as he holds your other hand with his.

The two of you wait as William parts, checking a few odds and ends with Henry before locking up the restaurant.

Moments later, the two of you walk outside as he returns. Feeling your eyes drawn upward, your mouth drops slightly as you observe the thousands of flickering stars in the night sky.

"Pretty, huh?" you think out loud, utterly encapsulated by the beautiful sight.

"Not as pretty as you..." William whispers to himself as he approaches his car.

A cold breeze sweeping the night air, Michael hops in the backseat before William walks over to the passenger side, once again holding the door open for you like a gentlemen.

"Thank you," you respond, a bit louder than last time.

He smiles as he helps you inside, then softly closes the door and walks over to the driver's side.

The car ride home is as quiet as when you first left the house, but the tension has significantly lessened.

With Michael faintly snoring in the backseat, William quietly watches your expression in the mirror.

You are still upset with him, your crossed legs and body tilted completely to the right makes this astoundingly clear, but some of your anger has subsided.

"Y/n..." William starts, but quiets himself upon seeing you turn your head away further.

Eventually, you make it home, and watch as a half-asleep Michael opens his eyes slightly at the sound of the garage door sliding down.

Your face softens as you see William open the backseat door and take his son into his arms, picking him up and carrying him into the house.

Yawning, you exit the car and pass through the garage before making your way upstairs.

Startling you, the grandfather clock in the foyer suddenly chimes as you pass it, informing you of the time.

'10:00pm... it's fairly late.'

As you approach Michael's bedroom, you hear a deep voice whisper a faint "goodnight" before rustling bedsheets and walking toward the door.

Quickly, you pass through the hallway and enter the guest room on the left, quietly locking the door behind you.

You sigh as you stretch your arms above you and walk to the foot of your bed before seating yourself on the edge.

'What a day.'

Standing up, you take off your clothing and hum as you lift the hoodie and shorts from their neat pile on the bed and begin to slip them on.

With one arm in the hoodie, you suddenly pause as your attention is directed to the mirror on your right.

'Afton Robotics'

Almost instantly, your severe rage returns as your eyes fall on the simple word "Afton."

Your heart may beat for him, but what he did to you was unforgivable. You grit your teeth in silent fury as you realize he never gave you a true apology.

You fiercely rip the hoodie off yourself, flinging it into the corner as you satisfactorily watch it fall to the floor.

Amused, you turn around before feeling an impossibly cold gust of air sweep your bare chest.

'Maybe I'd better wear that sweatshirt after all...'

You spend the next ten minutes aimlessly pacing the room, feeling as all your wrath unexplainably returns to you.

Outside your door, the hallway is silent. Infuriatingly silent.

It is unclear why you are so damn pissed off at the moment, but as you hear a faint noise come from the living room, you finally snap.

'Oh he's gonna get it now.'

Nearly slamming the door behind you, you race down the hall with heavy footsteps.

You practically float downstairs, angrily digging your nails into the banister.

Just as you thought a person's body couldn't handle more rage, another extremely soft sound from the living room infuriates you further.

'This damn man wants to be loud? I'll show him loud...'

You storm through the foyer and stomp into the living room, exasperatedly placing one hand on your hip as you glare at the man who is simply sitting on the couch.

Lowering a newspaper, William looks up and smiles at you before widening his eyes at your furious expression.

He drops the newspaper entirely as he lifts himself off the couch and hesitantly walks toward you, somehow managing to madden you further.

"What is it?" he asks nervously, his smooth accent cracking slightly.

You shake your head as you feel your body physically revolt.

'Oh, I'll tell you alright.'

"William Afton, don't you ever fucking touch me like that again, do you understand me?"

Stunned, he stands perfectly still as you reprimand him, obviously taken aback by your sudden outburst.

You reach your hand out and slap him as hard as humanly possible, watching as his head slams to the side at your abrupt touch.

A resonating "smack" fills the air.

Instantly, you feel as all the indescribable rage directed towards William that has overcome your body in the previous hours disappears without a trace.

Petrified, you stand in partial disbelief as he slowly lifts his hand to the side of his struck face.

One hand covering his red cheek, he opens his mouth slightly before turning his face to yours.

"Y/n..."

You swallow hard as you stare back at him.

'I shouldn't have done that.'

William begins to raise his hand, reaching close and closer to your face, and you feel as your eyes clench shut in fear resultantly.

Without warning, an indescribable feeling of warmth fills your body as you feel him softly cup the side of your face.

"Duly noted."

[word count: 1498]