Chapter Four

Your eyes widen as you comprehend what he just said.

'"Staying" with him?'

"Wait-what?"

With a sleepy expression, William slowly turns his head back in your direction before answering.

"Yes," he states, finally looking at you.

"You told me you don't have somewhere to be... unless that isn't the case anymore?" he inquires, tilting his head in slight amusement.

You pull your head down. You wish it wasn't the case, but you honestly have no idea where you could possibly go.

"I won't ask questions, at least not in this moment," he assures you, "but for now, it's closing time so we better get ready to leave."

You nod, then look up at him gratefully.

"T-thank you... Mr. Afton."

He smirks slightly before returning his eyes back down to yours.

"Please, call me William."

Standing up, he repositions his chair back to its original place before adjusting his lavender tie.

You watch as his large but delicate fingers slightly loosen the base near his collar, then trace the edge before straightening it.

With your head down, you hear as he walks to the opposite side of the room and noisily gathers paper together before returning to you, offering his hand.

Suddenly fatigued, you keep your head down as you gently take his hand and stand up.

Blood rushes to your head as you stand, sending an intense dizzy sensation throughout your entire body.

"Oh," you quietly whimper as your headache begins to reappear.

You hear a few papers drop to the floor as William catches you with his arm, lightly holding your body against his.

As darkness begins to overcome your vision, you hear a faint "shhh" until your heavy eyes finally close.

♡~~~♡

'Warm... soft... smells like cologne...'

You gently open your eyes to find yourself loosely wrapped in a baby blue, sherpa blanket.

A few strands of your hair frame your left cheek, slightly covering your face and hindering your vision.

Quietly yawning, you lift your hand from the warm blanket to brush the loose hair behind your ear.

Mid-yawn, your eyes widen as you finally look up.

'Where am I?'

Still cuddled up in the soft blanket, your eyes scan the room as you gently straighten yourself up.

You are sitting in the center of a gray sectional couch, floral-patterned pillows both to your left and right. Several feet in front of you is a large, wood framed television.

'Gosh that thing is thick.' ;)

The couch, and consequently you, is situated in the middle of an open living room, giving you a clear view into the kitchen to your right and a partial view of the front door and entryway.

The one large window occupying the wall to your left is currently covered by an essentially opaque curtain, dimming the room as it barely lets light in.

A soft light radiates from the chandelier directly above you, however, and you can guess that it's likely no longer night.

Having heard you stir, you subtly turn your head to catch sight of William momentarily pause from what he's doing in the kitchen to look at you.