Mystery Boyfriend

Mystery Boyfriend

After many more practices, I have excelled in controlling my powers. I haven't been in school for a little sorter than 4 months. Jessie has been texting me for weeks asking if I'm ok, Carter and Jack have made sure I haven't replied. I'm not sure how Carter and Jack persuaded the office ladies to not call my mother to "let her know" I'm not attending school. If you couldn't guess I'm really leaving to go to the Captor building and I'm still using the after school club excuse for the times I have to stay longer than normal. Carter and Jack want to make sure I'm able to find the cabin by myself. The rest of the Factors have gone on plenty of missions but I was not able to go with them because of my lack of control. But this is my last test if you will, if I "pass" I can finally go on mission with the rest of the Factors.

It was almost summer, it was about time I leave for my "test." It was usually dark in the mornings and my expectation didn't exceed me. With the excitement of finally having the chance to be apart of the Factors missions I walked in the dark toward the cabin. I wasn't even close to the woods behind the school. In order for no one to see me I would have to take a secret path way an old friend of mine told me about before she moved two years ago. As I was walking my Captor phone started to ring.

"You on your way?" Nikki was asking me.

"Yep I'm about to pass the scho,...!!??" I paused to the sight of Jessie snuggling with a guy I've never seen before. I mean I guess a lot happened while I was gone. The boy stopped, I quickly hung up on Nikki.

"Every thing ok?" Jessie asked him. I was hiding behind one of those huge brick mail boxes, trying to lower my breath rate to have less of a chance of them hearing me. I slowly looked at the unknown love bird.

"Just fine." He said a little jokingly as he kissed her while smiling, he looked at me.

"CRAP!" I thought to my self. I forgot to mention that the trick Carter and Jack used to jump insanely high, Clay taught it to me while I was training, well more at the beginning of training. I forget I can use that. Clay said the trick had something to do with balance and breathing through you lung or something of the sorts.

Once that guy looked away I jumped onto the closet roof I could get to; running roof top to roof top trying to hide myself and run as fast as possible. Once I reached the woods I slowed down. I was checking my phone to see if Nikki had called me.

" Missed call (23)" I had pressed the call button and was holding the phone up to my ear when I heard talking from the distance. I think that guy with Jessie is trying to follow or get Jessie to see me. I'm not even sure why I can't even text my best friend! But I don't know that guy and if he might be part of the Invisible's and might work with Dominic I don't think he would spend his time explaining to Jessie what going on. I think he trying to reveal my powers to Jessie so I have to explain it to her. But if that is even possibly true, why does he want Jessie to know?

I was sprinting again running to the cabin. Before I knew it, that man with Jessie had cough up with me. He had me pinned against a trees trunk about in the middle area of tree. With his hand and elbow touching the tree area above my head.

"I thought you might of been faster. Rumors spread pretty quickly Robin." He told me. I quickly look down to check the ground for Jessie, nothing.

" No need to worry I wouldn't bring her into this, she's a good person. Shame her friend ditched her." He teased me.

" I had no choice!" I yelled as I pushed him away from me.

" No choice hum?" He jumped to the next tree then faced back at me. " Is that what they told you. Do me a favor ask your little friends back at your base about, The Rejected group. Next time we meat I would like to hear what they tell you." He jumped to the ground and ran in the direction of the school. I could see his green jacket from miles away. I couldn't stay for long I ran toward the cabin again. I still need to call Nikki back.

" Missed call (47)" I smiled.

END OF CHAPTER 18