HOW TO JAILBREAK

This page is the ultimate introduction to jailbreaking. Along with the frequently asked questions about everything jailbreak related, you will find links to detailed tutorials on how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV.

If you already know a lot about jailbreaking and you're just looking for guides and tutorials, simply skip to the section on how to jailbreak, or refer to our in-depth Can I Jailbreak? guide. If you're new to jailbreaking and want to learn more, we suggest you spend a few minutes reading about this awesome pastime below.

At the bottom of the page you'll find information on various jailbreaks. Simply locate the software version you want to jailbreak and the type of device you have for personalised instructions.

Read more at: https://www.intrixjb.com/

What's the latest?

The latest jailbreakable iOS/iPadOS version is 14.x.

The semi-tethered checkra1n tool can jailbreak the aforementioned, and all future firmwares, on A9-A10-equipped devices (iPhone 6/6 Plus) and iPhone 7/7 Plus) with no strings attached.

It can also jailbreak the aforementioned, and all future firmware releases, on A11 devices (iPhone X, 8/8 Plus), but you will not be able to set a passcode afterwards. This is not recommended for obvious security reasons at the time of this writing, but it may or may not be fixed in the future. For older firmware versions, see below.

Devices equipped with the A12 chip or newer (iPhone XR, XS/XS Max or newer) can jailbreak iOS & iPadOS 14.0-14.3 with unc0ver. For older firmware versions, see below.

The latest jailbreakable tvOS version for the Apple TV 4 (HD) is tvOS 14.x, and can be accomplished right now with checkra1n for tvOS (semi-tethered).

The latest jailbreakable tvOS version for the Apple TV 4K is tvOS 13.4.5 and can be accomplished right now with unc0verTV (semi-untethered).

What is jailbreaking?

Jailbreaking is the process by which Apple's operating systems are modified to remove restrictions and give greater user control over the device. These modifications typically allow running unsigned code, as well as reading and writing to the root filesystem, both of which are normally prevented by Apple. The increased privileges permit customisations and unfettered app installation which are not available to users with a stock device. Jailbreaking is most popular on, and most associated with, Apple's mobile operating systems iOS and iPadOS, though it also exists in various forms on tvOS, watchOS, macOS, and audioOS.

Typically, jailbreaking adds an unofficial installer to your device which lets you download 3rd-party applications, tweaks, and extensions that are not available through the App Store. These packages open up endless possibilities to do things on your device that a non-jailbroken one would never be able to do. The most famous and oldest of these installers is called Cydia. Competing and rapidly growing alternatives to Cydia now exist, such as Zebra and Sileo.

Cydia and other package managers offer tweaks which can be used to customize the look, feel, behavior, and capabilities of your device in a myriad of different ways, bypass limitations set in place by Apple and carriers, connect to other devices remotely, and generally let you unlock your device's full potential.

Jailbreaking is about liberating your devices from Apple's grasp, to let you use the products you paid for in any way you want.

What are the benefits of jailbreaking?

The primary reason that people jailbreak is to install third-party applications and tweaks that Apple couldn't or wouldn't approve in the App Store. There are hundreds of apps that don't meet Apple's guidelines, or that have capabilities Apple's App Store guidelines forbid. Tweaks don't exist on the App Store at all, as they aren't applications. They are extensions, additions, or adjustments to already-installed applications, and to the operating system itself.