The Hunger Games Gale's POV

This story is based on The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins. I just changed the point of view but all the idea's belong to her. I am in no way the great Suzanne Collins and I am not trying to pass her work as my own.

Hey Guys! This is the part when Katniss drugs Peeta! I wrote it in Gale's POV. 

xoxo -Emily

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate the way she looks into his eyes, kissing him, making the boy with the bread look better than the rest of us.

Katniss should love me, should hold me in her arms, should drug me so she can get me medicine to cure my blood disease.

Because good hunting partners are hard to find.

My eyes shift to the spot were Prim sits next to me on the coach. I can see the tears spilling out of her eyes as she watches her sister run off to get medicine to cure someone else, to risk her life for the stupid bread boy.

“It’s going to be okay Prim.” She looks at me, the pain in her eyes unbearable, I look away, knowing that what I just said can’t convince her because I don’t even believe it.

On the small screen I can see Katniss stop, look at the moon. I see the longing in her eyes, the same look I probably get when I see her kiss Peeta. She looks at the moon for about thirty seconds before she realizes how vulnerable she is, standing here in the dark, so she runs again.

The salty tears start to emerge from my eyes. Possibly it’s from the fact that I might lose Katniss, because as I said:

Good hunting partners are hard to find.

We see a shot of Peeta, laying in the sleeping bag, his mouth hanging slightly open, his eyes unreachable, wow. That’s attractive.

We’re given little time to recover from the calmness of seeing Peeta as a knife whizzes over Katniss’ eye, cutting her. The shock of the moment settles on everyone’s face, leaving silence in the room.

I’ve never heard silence quite this loud.

Prim’s screams of pain reach me, but they feel distant, a hundred miles away.

Hurry Katniss, I’m still betting on you.