Immediately upon entering the house Y/N drops her suitcases with a huff and pants quietly. "Oh god those are heavy..." she looks over at her mother, who also sat her bags down, however in more of a gentle manner than her daughter.
"Well, the moving crew already moved in our furniture," Dad said as he entered the house and sets his luggage down near the front door "So once we unpack our bags, we're finally set!"

Mom smiles and puts an arm around Y/N giving her a light hug, "I know you aren't too excited about the move, but isn't this place great?"
Y/N nodded and looks around. The kitchen was moderately sized, the living room was larger than her last, and there was a long narrow hallway that lead to the bathroom, and bedrooms. It all smelled rather welcoming. The room had an aroma of lemon-scented cleaning products due to the realtor tidying up the place, a hint of summer breeze coming from outside.
"Y/N? You alright?" Her mom furrows her eyebrows when she didn't get a response from the young girl.
"Sorry, I was just looking around, yeah it's great, plenty of room." She picks up her few suitcases and starts making her way down the hallway, "I'm gonna go check out my room."

She walks into the partially empty room. Her bed was already set up near the left side of the room near a window. Her dresser was already in its place as well. She would focus on putting away her clothes, putting sheets on her empty bed today, and working on decorating later.

Y/N sits on the ground feeling the cold wooden floor chill under her legs. She opens her suitcase, and as soon as she opened the lid a quiet thud comes from the lid hitting the floor. She stares down at her belongings and softens her look slightly.

She's been far too irritated at her parents to even have a chance to feel upset.
She felt her heart sink as she looked around the idle room. The walls looked like they had a fresh coat of paint, with not a single chip or nail hole in the room. The floor was shiny, it looked so clean Y/N could eat off of it. She tried shoving her sentimental feelings aside and focused on her suitcase again.

She heard her mom beckon for her in a gentle tone. "Y/N, dear! Come here please!"
She scowls quietly and grunts as she stands back up again, annoyed her mom already needed her.
"Okay, one second!" She calls back and pushes her suitcase to the side. She walks through the hallway, her steps making little thuds every time her feet hit the floor. She walks around the corner,
"Yes, Mom-" she cuts herself off once she sees 5 strangers standing by her parents. 2 adults, 2 children, and 1 teenager.

"Y/N, these are the Afton's." Mom smiles and gestures to the family of strangers standing in the entryway.
Y/N widens her eyes slightly due to the surprise of the visit. "Oh, cool, nice to meet you guys." She gives an awkward smile and a polite wave.

There was a tall man who she assumed was Mr. Afton. He was pale and had light brown hair with streaks of grey peppered throughout. The man had aged blue eyes with dark circles under them.
"You must be Y/N. Your father talks all about you." The man had a chilling accent, a British accent. Not something Y/N expected to hear in the United States.
"Yeah, I'm the one and only." She laughs quietly. He had a long sharp nose stretching down a skinny face, and a 5'o clock shadow painted itself on his cheeks trailing down to his chin.

"Well let me just say, you're a spitting image of your gorgeous mother." The woman next to Mr. Afton, who was presumably his wife, also had an accent. However, her voice was like a soothing coo. She had soft feminine features with the same pale skin as her husband. Her hair was blonde with a slight curl to it. It fell down her shoulders and framed her face beautifully. Her eyes were a soft forest of divine green, full of life, but yet a mature glow came from deep inside them.

"Oh thank you, ma'am." Y/N gives her a
smile, and exchanges a glance with her mom. Her mom was blushing, "Oh Vera! You're too kind." Mom giggles.

"Oh really, anybody can see the resemblance!" Mrs. Afton pats one of the children on the head. "Now this one is my 'mini me' if you will." She looks down at her daughter. "This is Elizabeth. Say hi dear." She pets her daughter's hair,
"Hello..." the little girl mumbles bashfully and shifts behind her mother's leg more.

Mrs. Afton was right, the little girl looked almost identical to her. Golden ringlet curls spiral down her back, and her hair's length was near to her backside. Her eyes were much more youthful, almost doll-like. Pools of candy apple green looked into Y/N's e/c eyes hesitantly. The little girl was shy, Y/N gives her a warm smile in hopes to ease her nerves.

"Oh, Elizabeth. Remember how we talked about not being so shy?" Mrs. Afton pats her head again and sighs quietly, still a smile was on her face. "Oh kids, what are you going to do with them?" She gives a quiet laugh at her joke.

"This is our youngest, Evan." She nods her head towards the shortest boy. Y/N tried looking into his eyes, but the boy had his bangs practically covering his whole face. He was a scrawny little boy with dark features. Deep brown hair and ghostly skin. His knee's has cuts and scrapes on them with small bandages over them.
"It's nice to meet you Evan." Y/N attempts to socialize with the child, but he only hid behind his sister more.

"He'll warm up to you, darling." Mr. Afton picks him up and places him on his hip. "Now here's our oldest, Michael. Doesn't he look just like his old man?" He chuckles and pats Michael on the back heartily, making the tall boy stumble a bit.
"Dad..." he grumbles. He furrows his eyebrows at his father. Michael had a boyish appearance with strong features.
Thick eyebrows and a defined face. He turned his head to the side to shoot his father an angry look and Y/N noticed how strong his jawline was. Michael was more tan than all his family members, his skin was sunkissed while theirs was milky pale. Apathetic blue eyes, dark circles, carved cheekbones; this was Michael Afton.

"It's great to meet you guys in person. I was telling Y/N about your youngins' while we were in the car." Dad grins over at his daughter, "Michael's just her age too, 15 didn't you say?" He looks over at Mr. Afton,
"Correct," his smooth British accent rolls throughout every syllable. "Michael turns 16 in a few months, how lovely is that Michael? You could make a friend." His dad puts a hand on his son's back and smiles.

"I already got friends, dad." He shoots him another look, "Michael, I think you'd benefit from a friend like Y/N, maybe she'll mellow you out." Mr. Afton smiles again. Y/N could only help but notice that the man has never stopped smiling, a chip in one of his teeth.

Mrs. Afton gives a polite laugh which snapped Y/N back to the conversation, and out of her thoughts, "He's our little hooligan, always out on the town with his friends. You know how teenage boys are."
Michael looks at the ground, clearly embarrassed by his mom and dad lecturing him. Y/N smiles to try and ease the tension between them.
"Well yeah, it's what being a teenager is all about." She shifts her weight to her other leg, "Staying out late, getting into trouble,"
Mr. Afton gives another hearty laugh, "Oh boy, isn't that the truth?" He nudges Y/N's dad playfully.
"Well we can't stay long, Vera has a pie cooking at home. But, if you need our help unpacking just come by! We live in the purple house just across the way."

Dad nodded and put an arm around Mom. "Well, we might just take you up on that offer sometime. It was great to meet you, folks!"