Chapter 28

Naomi's POV

"Dad!" I said, shocked. My dad looked at me happily.

"Hey, kiddo!" He said cheerfully. He then looked at Zach and his eyebrows rose, "Who's this?"

Zach stood up and said politely. "I'm Zachary Hellman, Sir. A friend of your daughter."

He hummed and he looked at Zach up and down. "I didn't know you were friends with baddie boys, dear. I must've been away for so long!" He laughed. "So where is your mother? It's almost dinner time! Zach, me boy, join us for dinner!" He said with a big smile.

I gave Zach a smile and nodded.

"If you would have me sir," He smiled. And god was it beautiful on him!

"Of course! I'm the one who asked, right?" Dad said. I just rolled my eyes. Same silly dad...

Zach just seemed uncomfortable as he looked everywhere in the room except for dad and me. Dad, of course, noticed and he smiled at me and winked.

Oh oh. I hope dad doesn't do anything funny. I thought.

"So, Zachie, how did you meet my darling daughter," Dad said. Zachie? Really, dad? I thought.

"Um, we bumped into each other in the hallways," Zach said trying to sound indifferent but I can sense the nervousness in his voice.

"So, dad, how was your trip?" I asked, hoping it will divert dad's attention from Zach. My dad turned to me and smiled that knowing smile. Darn, he knows.

"It was good, dear but not as interesting as my conversation with Zachie here." Zach gave me a look that said 'thanks for trying' and turned his attention back to my dad.

"Mr. Thaler, what's your work related to?" Zach asked.

"I'm in the publishing business. New aspiring writers, mostly." Zach nodded attentively.

"Dad, since Mom is out and I don't know when she will be back. Why don't we order pizza for dinner?" I asked dad. Dad nodded and went to his room with an 'excuse me' to Zach. Zach turned to me with a grave expression.

"You should tell your father." He said with suppressed anger. I didn't think that was a good idea.

"About what?" I asked innocently and yes, I did the fluttering of the eyes thing to make it more convincing but sadly it didn't work.

"I know you know what I mean."

"Are you sure you know that I know what you mean? Cuz maybe I don't really know what it is that you mean." That sounded confusing even to me. He gave me a sigh and started massaging his forehead.

"Naomi, stop. You have to tell your father."

"No, I don't. I don't have to tell my father or my mother."

"Naomi, don't be stupid. He is stalking you. Fuck, he even broke into your house!" He said heatedly. My heart raced as fear started to spread to my body making me shake. He came into my room, watching me. Who knows what else he will do? I have to tell my parents but what about Zach? He will get blamed for this. I can't let that happen. He's been through too much already. He suffered too much. I can't add more to that. I should have stayed away when he warned me. Now, I'm causing him trouble. I suddenly felt arms around me as Zach pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry. It's because of me you're being targeted like this but you have to tell your parents. It will make you safer if they are aware of the situation." He whispered in my ear. I shake my head.