Nick had a very awkward look on his face, "Marcus I hate to burst your weird bubble but...... that's Loki, the man who's threatening to destroy the planet." He explains.

Marcus's face dropped slightly before he came up with the best response he could, "I mean we pretty ones are always getting into trouble." He said with a nonchalant shrug.

The S.H.I.E.L.D Director shook his head head and continued showing him a picture of a blue glowing cube, "Anyway Loki has this, the Tesseract. It has the potential to wipe out the planet. Remember when we met in the diner-"

"Yeah, you wanted me to join the Avengers Initiative" Marcus finished for him.

Nick clicked his fingers at him, "That's right, well it's time to suit up now because right now the Avengers Initiative is active, we've already recruited most of them. They're on the helicarrier out in the Atlantic as we speak."

"Wait, hold the f up......... how come I was the last recruited, I'm surely the most qualified for this shit!" Marcus argued mockingly not really caring if he was being totally honest with him.

"Well obviously because you were the hardest to track down." Nick responded hoping that would satisfy Marcus's ego which it very well did.

Nick showed him a picture of a blond man in a similar attire to Loki, "Thor, the brother of Loki the god of thunder." He explained.

Marcus nodded, "Yeah I read a little Norse mythology when I go out of Hydra." He explained to Fury's surprise.

"I'd never thought of Deadpool being a book worm." Nick teased but was met with a blank look from the man.

"I'm not a 'book worm' but I needed something other to do before I got money for a phone and tv." Marcus defended himself, however seemingly not very well as Nick held a small smirk.

Nick turned the next page reviling a man who Marcus has met before, "I know him! That's Bruce I let him stay at my house when he was on the run!"

"When was the last time you saw doctor banner?" Nick questioned the mercenary as he never new they were friends.

"When I set him up with that place in Kolkata so it's been a few years but I speak to him fairly regularly." Marcus answered.

"Does he know about your powers, past or about who your father is?" Nick questioned.

Marcus shook his head, "The only people who know about me are the people in this room and the people I fight, but they're too dead to remember anything." He informed Nick who was glad to know that he had entrusted him with these secrets.

Nick then looked at him and seriously said, "Given the situation, I reckon you're not going to be hidden for much longer."

Marcus looked down and nodded, "yeah I'm aware....... But it's fine."

Nick sighed and turned the next page and said a name that made Marcus's blood run cold, "Tony Stark aka iron man."

Nick was very nervous about how the mercenary would react to the fact his father is on this team and wouldn't want to be apart of the avengers initiative.

"......you've got to be FUCKING KIDDING ME!" Marcus shouted and threw a cup at the wall and started to walk back and forth in front of the sofa.

"Tony Stark does not know you're his son it's been blocked out of your file, you don't have to get along with him, but you do have to work together as a team to save the world." Nick explained and hoped it would calmed Marcus down.

"Ughh fine, but after all this I'm not seeing him again. That stupid PRICK!" Marcus rambled sitting on the sofa finally calming down.

".....Moving on, Captain Steve Rodgers." Nick said turning the page to show captain America.

"Nick I'm not a hermit I know who captain fucking America is!" Marcus said passive aggressively to the director.

Nick just nodded before turning the page showing the final member of the team, "Natasha Romanoff aka black widow."

Marcus eyes widened at the pretty face on the screen, "You should've just told me I'd be around her and I'd have been in." He announced to fury who just groaned loudly at his behaviour towards one of his greatest agents.

Nick did smile lightly knowing that Marcus would be in for a rude awakening around Natasha. Straight after he heard his phone ring, he saw it was an agent, "Phil what have you got for me?" He asked.

"It's the tesseract sir, we've picked up a gamma signature in Stuttgart with a sixty seven percent match." Coulson informed Fury who looked over at Marcus who was throwing m&ms in the air and catching them in his mouth.

"What's happening now then?" Nick informed as he laid back on the Marcus's sofa.

"Banner has stayed on the helicarrier whilst Romanoff and Rodgers are taking the Quinjet over there, they left about an hour ago." Agent Phil said to his director.

Nick also wanted to make sure that Coulson got his job done, "Did you manage to get Tony Stark?" He asked and Marcus rolled his eyes in annoyance at the mention of the mans name.

"Yes he has informed me that he's on his way to Germany too." Phil answered.

A genuine smile came across Nicks face, "Excellent work, Coulson." He praised.

"And what of Deadpool?" Coulson tentatively asked his superior.

Nick looked at Marcus who did a fake yawn indicating he was bored, "I'm sending him to the Helicarrier now." He informed which caught the letters interest who held an expression not to dis familiar from an excited child.

"Marcus suit up, you're heading to the Helicarrier." Nick ordered to Marcus who eagerly stood up from his sofa, pocketing the avengers initiative file.

"Sir yes sir." Marcus did a mock salute.

As Nick went to leave Marcus stopped him by sliding across the floor to end up In front of him with a pissed of expression on his face, "I swear to god Nick that Helicarrier better have-"

Nick new what he was going to say so he cut him of before he could finish his sentence, "Blood bags & chimichangas I know." Before walking past Marcus to the door, "I'll see you on the Helicarrier." He said before shutting the door behind him.

Marcus sprinted upstairs using his super speed to grab his necessary weapons and put his Deadpool suit and holstered his two swords and two guns before storming out of the door and using his super speed to run across the water with a destination in mind.

"I'M LIKE FUCKING JESUS!!!"

1634 words
___________________________________