𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎: 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰

LILITH PRACTICALLY STUMBLED into Dumbledore's office as a panting mess, both Dumbledore and Severus had turned to face the heavy breathing Lilith in confusion.

"You...you..." She toppled over with her hands on her knees struggling to get out her words. She coughed before continuing. "You said it was an emergency."

Dumbledore laughed "Indeed, it's a matter of emergency Lilith but I didn't expect you to get here so quickly. I only sent the message out mere moments ago."

"You ran from Hogsmeade to here in five minutes?" Severus asked quizzically with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, don't be so surprised, I have a good stamina." Both men looked at each other awkwardly.

Lilith realised the suggestive nature of her words and rolled her eyes at their immaturity. "I think I preferred Hogwarts when it spoke in riddles and not innuendos."

"Likewise." Dumbledore finalised. "Lilith, Severus has told me about your epiphany." Epiphany? Lilith laughed in her head at that. She would say it was something but hardly an epiphany. Dumbledore was just too kind with his words.

"Lilith do you remember the location of the Deathly Hallows?" Dumbledore prompted.

"If my thoughts are correct, then yes, Professor. Despite the name it's not exactly Death's door. It's located quite a distance from here, the actual building itself is surrounded by nothing but landscape. Oh, and there is a hosting village nearby that I visited a few times." She stopped to allow Dumbledore and Severus to process her words.

"Personally, I believe that the village is actually the village that is mentioned in the Three Brothers tale that Severus told me about. Specifically the village that the First Brother visits to kill his enemy."

"Interesting." Dumbledore spoke intrigued. "How did you get to the Deathly Hallows, for the meetings I mean."

"The less trusted advisors would be transported. I, myself would apparate and assist with preparations for the arrival of everyone else. There comes a risk with apparating though. The distance between the village and the Hallows is far and so chances of splinching is significantly higher. Honestly even apparating from here to there has the same risk, the frequencies in the Hallows are extremely...off."

Lilith recalled how multiple advisors had to be treated for their wounds after unsuccessfully apparating or disapparating. She grimaced at the mental visual her mind had shown her.

"And is the place under permanent security?" Severus interjected.

Lilith hadn't made the structural acknowledgements of the building clear. "No. Sorry I forgot to mention. The building isn't in use, it's abandoned. Dormant. The Ministry and Voldemort wanted a more subtle place to hold their most incriminating meetings. The place is laced with enchantments though; all with the sole effort of keeping people who shouldn't be there, out." She turned to face Dumbledore.

"Why? Are you going to the Deathly Hallows?"

"Not me." He smiled. "You." Lilith tensed at his words. She hadn't been there in years and although she knew the place like the back of her palm, she had no idea what changes had been made there since her departure from the Ministry.

"And Severus, of course." She visibly softened at that. At least she wouldn't be alone.

"What is the intention of this trip?" Lilith questioned slowly.

"There's no guarantee that anything is there. But with the connection that you made to the tale of the Three Brothers, I believe that there could be some information hidden within the Deathly Hallow walls."