Prompt 22: A peak into the future

Prompt:

A spaceship has landed on earth with no communication coming from the owners inside. A handful of scientists have been chosen to discover whether there is life inside the spaceship. You are one of the scientists that have been selected  to take part in this mission of five.

At first, when you board the spaceship, everything seems normal. But as you call out for the other members of your team, you realise they have gone missing and the only way to get them back is to travel to the heart of the ship. As you travel towards your destination, a startling truth is brought before you by the mysterious owners. This isn't an ordinary ship. It can transport one into the future. To get your friends back, you are tasked to travel in the future, 200 hundred years from now, and retrieve a piece of technology that the mysterious owner wants, or face losing both your team members and your loved ones.

What will your course of action be? Will you risk travelling to the future, to save your scientist friends, knowing you may never come back home? 

Write a story that maps out your course of action.

Tag your prompt inspired story with #SciFiPrompts and we might just feature it in our reading lists.

Want to submit your writing prompt to be featured in the next part? Submit here