Prologue

It is morning in the small European town of Tune Village, a town on the grow in the early 19th Century. The young thinkers of the day gather in the newly established coffee house. The Age of Enlightenment has enriched the lives of these students, and outcomes an age of romanticism and nationalism. Beethoven's music dominated the scene, even after his death. Revolutions were taking place all over Europe, as it happened in France years ago. Many of the young people have rejected the old ideas of all their elders and embraced new-age thinking from democratic principles to the portrayal of emotion through poetry, music, and art.

One of these new-age students was a young poet with blue hair named Mordecai B. Jay. A student at the local academy, learning the new ideals of the day. He was a deep man of culture, a man with a love for all things romantic. He is a frequent patron of the local coffee house where he talks with his mates about life and poetry. His mates include three students from the university.

One of them was a young blonde man named Edward Elric. A budding scientist studying chemistry from the same countryside village Mordecai was from. He has a brother, but since the death of their mother, his younger brother decided to take charge of the family farm. He often joins Mordecai and indulges in his philosophy and poetry. On that morning, Edward entered the coffeehouse, books and scrolls packed in his satchel.

"Bonjour Mordecai," He says, spotting the place where they meet.

"Bonjour Edward," Mordecai says back. Edward pulls up a chair, both bring out pennies which their regular server takes and bring them cups and a coffeepot.

"So Edward, how are your studies going?" Mordecai asks, taking a sip of the strong black coffee served. So does Edward before he responds.

"It's all coming along well. Professor Utonium is already teaching our class atomic theory. Took some extensive notes on the subject as well. You know, this sounds crazy. But, I think one could create life with just a few of these elements. It is a fact that is humans are created with such simple elements".

"Really? And what of these elements you speak of?" Edward pulls out a pocketbook he always brings with him, turning the pages to where he wants to. He proceeds to read off his little list.

"Water 35 Liters, Carbon 20 kilograms, Ammonia 4 Liters, Lime 1.5 kilograms, Phosphorous 800 grams, Salt 250 grams, Saltpeter 100 grams, Sulfur 80 grams, Fluorine 7.5 grams, Iron 5 grans, Silicon 3 grams, and fifteen traces of other elements".

"Whoa. Is that a shopping list or what?"

"These are what makes the human body, or so our professor told us. It could be possible to bring people back from the dead, or better yet create a new human being entirely. It's amazing I'll tell you that much. Best of all, all of these elements are cheap. Even a street urchin can afford to make a human".

"Interesting. A human creation scheme. Said urchin would make millions".

"But something is missing. Sure you can create life with science. But I have a feeling that something important is missing. Something even science can't explain".

"Perhaps," a new voice enters. "What is missing is something science can't bring. Something that must connect through the soul. Something like... religion". Another one of their mates popped in. A man with orange hair walks in, doing the same as his mates. Takes a penny out and pours his own cup of coffee. His name is Philip J. Fry. A philosophy student in the university who contemplates and questions everything in life, but also justifies religion into reason.

"Bonjour Edward, Mordecai".

"Bonjour Philip," both answer back.

"Sounds like creating humans is a little more tricker than you may think Ed. There has to be something that gives a human life. Something that makes them a person, a living creature. There has to be a connection to the outer realm. A connection to God".