Chapter 166-170

En başından başla

At that time, in the royal court, the Third Prince had taken a fancy to this pair of Yueming Pearls and praised them.

Without another word, the Eldest Prince gifted this pair of Yueming Pearls to the Third Prince.

Although the envoy of Dong Qiang Country was dissatisfied, he could only praise the princes of Xue Yue Country to be truly close brothers.

There was even less of a need to talk about the Emperor. On the day the Third Prince was born, he was directly conferred the title of prince. He was even bestowed with servants, silk and satin, as well as a newly built mansion.

This was a great honor. After all, none of the princes had received such treatment when they were born.

Unfortunately, Concubine An had a short life. She passed away a few years after giving birth to the Third Prince.

The An family only had one daughter, Concubine An. Moreover, not long after Concubine An entered the palace, her parents passed away one after another due to illness. Thus, the huge family assets were directly inherited by Concubine An.

After Concubine An passed away from her illness, everyone in the palace coveted this huge fortune. The Empress and the Crown Prince even wanted to take over the An family’s assets.

Thus, they had privately mentioned to the Emperor that they wanted to raise the Third Prince.

Chapter 167

However, the Empress Dowager stopped them.

It was unknown what the Empress Dowager said to the Emperor. Not too long later, the Emperor decreed that the Third Prince would be handed over to the Eldest Prince’s mother, Concubine Wan.

This was also the reason why the Eldest Prince had a better relationship with the Third Prince.

However, ever since the Third Prince turned fourteen, he left the palace and lived in his own residence.

From then on, he had distanced himself from the Eldest Prince.

During this period of time, the Crown Prince had tried to recruit him to his camp many times, but unfortunately, was rejected every time.

This was also why the Crown Prince had drugged him.

If he belonged to the First Prince’s faction and possessed such a huge fortune, wouldn’t it be easier for him to recruit soldiers and buy horses in the future?

Unfortunately, the Third Prince was lucky. Not only did he not die, but he had also become more mature and intelligent.

Mdm Chu nodded slightly at Lu Zhou and smiled lightly. “Third Prince, you really like to joke. Miss Lu is lively and steady, unlike ordinary girls who don’t know better. She definitely won’t make mistakes easily.”

“Besides, even if Miss Lu made a mistake, how can an outsider like me manage it?”

She could not afford to offend such a person.

However, she was unhappy with Lu Zhou’s protective tone, so she could only retaliate politely.

Unexpectedly, Lu Zhou only spoke calmly.

“I heard from the State Minister that this disciple of mine is destined to be with Lord Chu. If my disciple does not marry him, he will die at the age of thirty-one.”

“It seems that Mdm Chu is not very satisfied with my disciple. Furthermore, she does not dote on Lord Chu as much as the rumors say.”

Mdm Chu hurriedly looked at Chu Sihan, only to see him looking down with an indifferent expression. It was as if he didn’t care about Lu Zhou’s words at all.