𝟐𝟏 → 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

It was odd and uncomfortable for the two, knowing how they would always converse during the class. With the silence, the anxiety filled the two. 

Louis, on one hand, couldn't help, but feel that Estelle wasn't being truly honest with him. Was she happy in the relationship? Did she feel good about being with him? Was she ready for a relationship at all?

All the thoughts flooding his mind tainted it, similar to black paint covering a white canvas. He sensed dread and helplessness. What was he going to do? 

Estelle, on the other hand, wanted to be swallowed by the world. She didn't know how to show how much she cared for Louis. It wasn't a matter if she was comfortable around him - obviously she was and very much so at that - but it was a matter of being affectionate. She wanted to be affectionate, but she recalled how over affectionate she was with Damon and she couldn't bare to be over affectionate again - just in case. 

She wasn't telling herself everything was going to go down the drain. She was telling herself how stupid she could be to compare her relationship with Damon to hers with Louis. He wasn't anything like Damon and sure as heck wouldn't do what he did. 

Moving pass that, she didn't know how to be affectionate with him without feeling like she would suffocate him. Would he be comfortable with holding her hand? Would he like it if she randomly hugged him or kissed him? Is he okay with PDA? Questions and rambling filled her mind and she drowned in it. 

At the end of the period, they both got up from their seats and silently walked together to meet with Flora, Wright and Lively to head for the bus. There was an obvious awkwardness to them and everyone felt it. 

No bus ride had ever felt more uncomfortable. The all had to stand up since the bus was so crowded. Estelle tried to hold his hand, but the moment she pulled away, his hand would come forward. She turned her head the second he tried to look at her, admire her. It only made him think she was mad at him or annoyed.

" What's going on?" Will mumbled to Louis as quiet as he could. 

" I have no clue." Louis sighed. " Do you think she's mad at me?" 

" No, but she may be closing herself up. Maybe she's having trust issues again?"

" You think?" 

" I don't know. I'm not a therapist and regardless of my reading habits, I have little knowledge on women." 

" You two are absolutely horrible at keeping your voices down." Flora muttered with a straight face. " Just talk to her. Stop overthinking."

Louis realized that Flora was right. No overthinking, just speak to her. When Estelle's stop came up, she stepped off as fast as she could. Her mouth let out a sigh of relief once the bus left the stop. She nearly suffocated in the bus. 

" Are you okay?"

She jumped in fear when she noticed Louis standing right behind her.

" Oh gosh, Lou." She took a deep breathe. " Yeah, I'm fine. Why are you here? Aren't you going home?" 

" I was, but I believe you and I need to talk." He frowned. 

Estelle sighed, " I didn't think we needed to." 

" Are you unhappy?" 

The question took Estelle by surprise. Why would she be unhappy? Confused? Sure. Nervous, absolutely. Unhappy? A definite no. She didn't answer him, however, and only grabbed his arm, taking him to her apartment.

Oh no, she's mad at me. Like really mad. Damn it, Louis. Why did I have to mess everything up?

When the door closed in the apartment, Louis started to ramble. Full on rambling. Apologies upon of apologies to his girlfriend over and over for absolutely nothing. Nothing coherent come from his mouth, but it sounded a whole lot like " sorry, sorry, sorry, I'm stupid. I'm sorry.

Estelle, not understanding and feeling panicked by his panic, put her hand over his mouth. He stared at her hand and calmed down. He relaxed his shoulders and took a deep breath. 

Estelle sighed, " For one, I don't know what the heck you are rambling on about. Two, what are you sorry about?" 

She slowly retracted her hand away from Louis' mouth before he replied, " I thought you were going to... I don't know. Maybe break up with me or tell me that you were unhappy with me." 

The girl slowly calmed down, " What? Lou, why would you ever think that? I'm not unhappy and I'm certainly not going to break up with you." 

" Will and everyone else saw that you were closed up towards me and had trust issues. I believed that you weren't happy. Come to think of it, you gave me no reason to think you were unhappy and I'm sorry." 

" Lou." She repeated his name again for the third time since he began speaking. " Lou!" 

He stopped talking and turned away from Estelle. His face was covered by his hands and he couldn't stand to face Estelle. She, however, was having none of it. She stood behind him before reaching forward and grabbed his arm with one hand and his hand with the other. 

" Louis, I am not unhappy. I promise you that. Yes, I have trust issues, not just from my ex situation, but from life in general. But I promise, there is nothing I am keeping from you, but I will admit there is something bothering me. Just please look at me." 

Louis nodded and turned around, not speaking until she was done. 

" I was acting distant because I wasn't sure how to show you affection. You are always the one to initiate hand holding or hugging and I was nervous about it. I'm not all good with that in relationships." 

Louis softly smiled at her as his arms widen out, " Come here." 

Estelle slowly stepped forward and wrapped her arms around him. It was silent gestured that warmed both of their hearts. If Estelle thought cold soda on a hot summer day felt nice, it was nothing compared to the hug they shared. 

" Communication has to be the worst and best part of a relationship." Louis murmured. " Here I thought that you didn't like me anymore."

" As if, Partridge. I couldn't let go of you even if I wanted to." Estelle snuggled into his chest. " You can always tell me if I'm being distance because sometimes I don't even notice it." 

" And you can tell me if you don't know how to be affection and stuff. I don't mind it. It shows how you're trying to put in effort." 

They both leaned backwards to look at each other before Louis leaned forward to plant a kiss on her forehead. He caught Estelle by surprise once he pressed a light kiss to her lips. She turned red and rolled her eyes. 

" You're blushing."

" No shit, Lou." She glanced at the clock on the wall. " My mom won't be here for a few hours. How about you and I build a fort and watch one of those chick flicks you like? If you stay, I'll finally show you my ukulele skills." 

" You're going to serenade me? You never cease to amaze me, star girl." He winked. " I always knew I'd be the British boyfriend you'd love." 

" Such a romantic, Romeo." 

— ☆*: .。. ⋄▽⋄ .。.:*☆—

nova speaks - I wanted to add one more little problem into the bunch since what relationship doesn't have them?  The next chapters are a bunch of fluff and cuteness with the couple and their friends and family. They'll be sorter than usual. Can't believe this is coming to an end. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and see you all in the next one.

with love - nova