~ Chapter 11 ~

My dad brought us to a park. The team sat on a bench. I sat in between deans legs while he talked.
"I've had a lot of big distractions since I've been here in L.A. This is a distraction." He said holding up a cardboard cut out of himself.
"Nice hair cut, Coach." Guy said
"Looks familiar. I know that guy." Said Goldberg.
Coach lights up a match and throws the cut out into it.
"This is a fire in a barrel. This is a distraction in a fire in a barrel. Any questions?" He said
Everyone began clapping and cheering for him.

~ time skip ~

We had practice the next couple of days. He rented out a gym so we could work on our cardio. We began working on the basics. Shooting, stopping, and skating. Me and Dean hung out everyday after practice. I fell in love with this man every more than I thought I would ever love somebody. But time after time the team started to become like a family. After practice, Dean took me on a picnic in the local park. We ate sandwiches and we laid on the blanket and looked the the sky.
"Hey, princess?" Dean said.
"Yes, baby?" You say
"I have something for you." Dean said while beginning to sit up. You sit up confused.
"What is it, babe?" You say
"This." He said while pulling out a necklace box and a ring box.
"It's a promise ring and the necklace came with it." He said with a smile. You sat there with a big smile and eyes getting watery.
"Babe.. you didn't have to get me this." You say
"I know, princess, but I wanted to show you how much I love you." He said
"But you didn't have to get it." You say
"Princess, I love you. I always will. You mean the world to me. Someday in the future. I'm going be to marry you. I promise." He said
"Now, give me this while I put this on." Dean said while grabbing your hand and putting the ring on.
"Baby, I love you!!" You say while jumping on him causing him to fall with you on top of him.
"I love you too, princess." He said
"Can you put the necklace on me, please." You ask
"Of course babe." He says grabbing the necklace while you hold your hair up. He puts it on, and you hug and kiss him.
"Thank you baby." You say
"You're welcome, bash babe." He says while holding your hand to stand up. He begins to clean up while you help him.

~ time skip to the next day ~

The next day, we had game. You took off the ring an necklace gave you the day before and put it in the box. You put the box in the your hockey bag. You get ready and everyone is waiting for you. You on the ice and the team was waiting on you.
"Sorry I took so long. I, uhh had to use the bathroom." You say
"That's okay." Coach said
"Okay, Russ shoot your Knucklepuck at the goal. Now; it's your shot to get it to Russ." He says
"Got it." Said Charlie.

Team U.S.A. Leadi ngl Russia Two-to-one here in the third period. Russ Tyler, team U.S.A.'s newest member from Los Angeles calling for the puck. He gets it. He winds up. He shoots. He scores!

The team jumped up and cheered. You sit back down.
"Hey Dean, I'm not feeling to good." You say with a sick look on your face.
"What's wrong?" He asks you
"I'm not sure but I'll be fine." You say. It was your turn to get on the ice.

~ time skip ~

To the end of the game.
"Hey, uh, Dean can you help me out here?" You ask
"Yeah." He said
"Okay, put this on me. Please." You say
"Okay." He says while putting on your necklace.
"I'm glad you like it." He whispered while he chuckled
"Why wouldn't I?" You whispered back
"Thank you, Dean"
"Anytime" he said
"Hey I'm gunna head to the dorm. I still don't feel good." You say to Dean and Connie.
"Sure, that's fine." Connie said
"Yeah go ahead." Dean said. You walk off.

~ time skip to the next day ~

You wake up earlier because you went to sleep super early. You get ready for the day, you change into some normal clothes and go downstairs for the free breakfast. While you were down getting breakfast, you saw Adam and Charlie down there.
"Hey guys." You say while pulling up a seat to sit down.
"Hey (y/n)." Adam said
"Hey Bombay." Charlie said
"Man, I didn't feel good at all yesterday." You say
"Yea, we know. You couldn't skate right." Charlie said
"Yea, do you feel any better?" Asked Adam
"Oh yea, I feel so much better. Man, today's our last practice." You said
"Yeah, time goes by really fast." Charlie said.
"Yeah, hey, after practice do y'all want to get the team together so we can go out at night?" Asked Adam
"Yea, I bet they would love that." I said
"Okay, I'm gunna go buy some things for my self before we leave." You say getting up
"Okay, bye" they both said continuing to eat.

~ time skip ~

It's time for practice and you get on the ice and no one has their gear on.
"Coach, shouldn't we have our hockey gear on?" Asked Luis
"Yeah, dad." You say
"Guys, this is our last team practice, which means—." He said before getting cut off by Averman.
"The return of captain blood." He said jokingly while the team laughed.
"No. It means... let's have some fun." He said while pulling out a beach ball and throwing it into the rink.
"All right!" Said Charlie
We played for a bit when Averman tossed it in the other direction and it landing in front of the Iceland team. The Iceland coach picked up the ball and popping the ball that took its air out trying to intimidate us.
"Playtime is over. We have the ice now. You and your little rink rats must leave." Said the coach
"We're right here, Coach." Dean said
You hold his hand and you get a bit closer to him.
"The only thing little was you career in the pros." Coach said while the team laughed.
"Gordon, no, let's go." Said MacKay
"Well, at least I had a shot. I was there." Said the Iceland coach
"You were a disgrace." Bombay said
The arena was silent for a few seconds.
"All right, team, we're outta here. Let's go, I said! Come on!" Said coach Bombay.
"Can you still move on the ice? Well, please, play a little with me." The Iceland coach asked again.
"Show me the famous triple deke your daddy taught you.  Or was it that old geezer over there?" He said once more while looking a Jans.
"Leave, Jans, outta this. He didn't do anything to you." You say
"Oh, the little girls going to go cry to her mommy? Oh that's right. She's dead." The Iceland coach said.
"You leave her out of this!" You say while dropping you stick and about to stake to him. The Dean holds you back.
"Marria." Said the Iceland coach while she handed him a stick. He tossed it to Bombay.
"Three bar. First one to hit both posts and the crossbar have to take it out past the blue line." Said Bombay
"I know the game." He said.
The begin to play and Bombay was about to win. When suddenly the Iceland coach hits his bad knee. The team to skate up to the coach. I push the Iceland coach out of the way.
"Dad, are you okay?" I asked
"Yes, I'm fine." He said as the team helped him up.
"Get your coach off the ice. We have to practice now." He said
Dean, Fulton, and I were about to go up when the team was holding us back. The team was furious. We left the arena and left.
The team went out for the last day. We went out to eat, did some shopping, and became a lot closer then you think. We went back to the dorms and had a good night sleep for the following day because we had to play Iceland in the championship.