006- jewelry & karaoke

Start from the beginning

"mmh. what about the necklace?"

"what about it?"

"well, i just thought it was cute..."

"what do you mean?"

"i mean, you like her, right?"

"of course." he responded rather quickly.

"no, like, you like her."

"of course i like her," megumi imitated, "she's my best friend."

"...you like her. as in you are infatuated by her."

"oh..." 'you're not wrong' he thought. megumi was a terrible liar, he was self-aware of that. so, he avoided answering. "what makes you think that?"

gojo chuckled loudly, catching your attention. once you're turned to face him, you were met with him smirking and megumi with a beet-red face. you shrugged it off as gojo trying to embarrass megumi (as per usual) and continued playing with the dogs.

"dude, you're whipped."

"i swear to whatever higher power that exists, i will punch you."

°°°

after nobara and yuuji's test, you all went out to eat. gojo decided that a restaurant that held karaoke would be the more 'fun' choice.

this is how you realized that yuuji had to be your brother from another mother.

"EVEN WHEN THE SKY COMES FALLING!"

"EVEN WHEN THE SUN DON'T SHINE!"

"I GOT FAITH IN YOU AND I!..."

and after singing "sure thing" by miguel on the top of your lungs, you both sat and enjoyed food with the people you will soon call family.

"ah, kugisaki. i need to speak with you." gojo said once you all finished your food. she nodded and excused herself from the table, leaving you, megumi, and a sleeping itadori.

"i'll go get us refills." megumi picked up your empty glass along with his and left as well.

"...hello, princess."

"oh hell naw." you immediately got up to follow megumi, but sukuna spoke again.

"i won't do anything... i just wanna talk."

you contemplated your options for a second before sitting back down. "humor me."

"you're from the (l/n) clan, correct?"

"stop being weird. yes, my last name is (l/n)."

"interesting. i've seen many blessings, yet none were as powerful as you."

"probably cause i'm the only one left."

"that does play a factor. you will have to have children to keep the blessing in your family."

"yeah, that's not happening."

"huh?"

"i don't want to burden a child with this so-called 'blessing'.... why are you asking questions?"

"it's gets boring inside of a head as empty as this brat's." you hate to admit this, but you chuckled a bit. "where's that little boyfriend of yours?" sukuna asked.

"not my boyfriend, but he's on he's getting us refills." you replied, knowing he was referring to megumi. "why did you say that with so much animosity?" gasping, you asked him the million-dollar question. "are you ...?" you dropped your hand, imitating a limp wrist.

"...what?"

"oh, how rude of me to assume. are you into men? the way you talked about gojo that other day kinda gave me that vibe. not that i blame you, of course, he is gorgeous!"

"how do i even respo—"

"BE WHO YOU ARE! FOR YOUR PRIDE!"

"SHUT UP. I WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS."

"haha, pack it up hisoka."

"... who the fuck is hisoka?"

pulling out your phone, you searched up an image of the pedophilic clown from 'hunter x hunter'. once you showed sukuna the character, his scowl dropped. his one eye was wide open, similarly to his mouth. this is the second time you had truly offended him.

the first time was when you confessed to gojo that you did more research on sukuna and found textbook pictures of sukuna's original form. you described him as "uglier than any curse you have ever seen" and "even more creepy looking than infant gojo."

"...did you... break sukuna?" megumi just got back from refilling your drinks and was beyond confused.

just like that, the demon went back into yuuji's sleeping body.

"creepy-ass fucker." you both mumbled together.

*

a/n: enjoy this light hearted chapter. i made myself very sad writing the upcoming chapters. :,)

i'm assuming you watched/read jjk, so you know what's going on next.