006- jewelry & karaoke

Start from the beginning

he turned to you, giving you that same intense look before speaking, "turn around."

"uh, okay?" you skeptically turned to face gojo, who was playing subway surfers on his phone. it was tempting not to mess him up, but you knew he would just turn on his infinity.

"and... close your eyes." he mumbled. you obliged and waited for him in the semi-darkness.

he got a bit closer to you and wrapped something cold around your neck, a profound contrast to his warmer hands. you felt his breath softly against your neck as he fixed the clasp.

he moved back and took a deep breath, a motion you assumed allowed you to open your eyes.

looking down, you saw that it was a necklace. a silver chain with an enamel light blue and black smiley face on it. well, 'smiley' would be weird to describe it. the emoticon seemed bored, exhausted with the world. you chuckled at how much emotion three little lines on a circle you could read.

"megumi, what the hell is thi—" once you turned to confront the boy, you noticed him putting on a chain very similar to yours. except, the smiley at the bottom was purple and white. and rather than an emotionless face, it was smirking. 'those colors kind of look like my blessed energy...'

"WAIT, IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE ME?"

"shhhh."

"AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOU—"

"what part of 'close your eyes' did you not understand?" megumi chuckled at your enthusiasm. with a quick inhale, you turned back to gojo and fluttered your eyes shut.

"i'm just surprised that you're this self-aware of your facial expressions— OW!" you shrieked. megumi had decided to yank your hair at your half-insult. to mess with him, you turned back around with a shit-eating smirk, "hold on... that was kinda kinky..."

he covered your eyes with one hand and turned your head around with the other, "SHUT UP!" while you and gojo snickered.

"that was a good one." gojo whispered.

"i know, right!"

suddenly, something licked your face.

"MEGUMI FUSHIGURO. YOU BETTER HOPE IT WAS ONE OF YOUR DAMNED DOGS THAT LICKED ME— oh, hey there, sweetheart!" thankfully, it was the divine dogs.

the white one, who was usually shyer and reserved, rested their head on your lap and was looking up at you with a smile. the black hound was on its hind legs, with its paws resting on your shoulder.

"what did i tell you about licking my face?" you scolded at the black dog jokingly. they wrapped their front legs around you, mimicking a hug.

"haha! okay... you wanna play?" this made the white dog perk up and start running, the black one following suit. once you found a decently sized stick, you sent a thankful smile to megumi before running after them.

"what was all that for?" gojo suddenly asked, still not removing his eyes from his screen.

"hmm?" megumi hummed, still slightly distracted from watching you run around with the dogs. "oh, she had a nightmare. you know how those get."