Glorious Purpose

Sofi woke up in a circular prison.

She looked around, confused at the teal walls and the complete change of landscape. 'Where am--?"

Flashes of what had happened entered the girl's mind. She remembered going on a mission for HYDRA and being annoyed with Crossbones. And she remembered meeting a man who'd sabotaged her entire mission. A man who oddly seemed to know her.

James Buchanan Barnes, she recalled.

His voice screaming her name as the bomb had gone off still echoed in her head.

The bomb.

Sofi winced as she sat up, catching her reflection in the glass of the prison. A few bruises and scratches still remained on her face. The dark red of her dried blood contrasted heavily against her skin.

"Oh God," She groaned as she tried to stand up in vain, feeling her left foot completely give in with all her weight, sharp pain jolting up her bone, causing her to fall to the ground again.

Sofi examined her ankle, using her limited, close-to-none medical knowledge to infer that it was sprained.

Or, on that matter, potentially broken.

"Took you long enough, sleeping beauty."

A man suddenly appeared out of nowhere and Sofi blinked. 'Had it been her imagination or had he really appeared out of thin air?'

Quickly using the last of her power -- Sofi estimated she could scan about seven more people with what remained -- she pulled out the man's stats.

Loki Laufeyson of Asgard

God of Mischief

Burdened with Glorious Purpose

Frost Giant

DANGER: High

Known for his tricks and illusions

'Well that answers my question then. He really did appear out of nowhere.'

The man, Loki, grinned at her, extending out a hand and helping her up.

"Hello, Midgard. I'm Loki of Asgard and I'm--"

"Burdened with glorious purpose," Sofi interrupted, hobbling over to the glass and examining it. Loki looked at her surprised. "I know. I'm Sofi of, er, your so-called Midgard and I'm burdened with trying to escape out of here."

Loki's grin widened, "So you've heard of me?"

Sofi rolled her eyes, "No."

She waved her hand in the air, where the stats had popped out, "It says so over there."

Loki was quiet for a second.

"That's your power?" Loki's expression was blank now. Utterly confused. He raised his voice, sounding outraged. "A god is locked in a prison with a puny human who can read facts about people? That's what you're in here for? What happened? Did you pry too much on someone's personal info?"

He was mocking her now.

Sofi struggled to hide a smile. Mocking her was never a good solution, she just needed to make it clear to this so-called God of Asgard. So, the girl put on her most innocent face and looked at the man, walking closer, so that the height difference was even more noticeable as he towered over her, "So what if it is my power? Is there a problem? I doubt yours would be much better. That is, of course, if you even have one."