Chapter 12:Pretty Little Thing

Start from the beginning

I tucked my phone into my inner denim jacket pocket, as I continued to walk I gave out my spare change to the homeless in the park; I had gotten to know most of them as I walked through the park almost everyday to and from school.

Thomas was the eldest homeless man in the park, he usually stays out in the park until midnight, Lily is an older women who knits and sells kids jumpers to people who have little money or she hands them out to homeless kids, David is hilarious he sings silly made up songs as he looks through the trash or will sing to random strangers as they walk past and then there's-

I stopped as I looked at the park bench where Shane usually sits. I frowned as I looked around trying to search for him, as I got closer to the bench I noticed some coins were left on the ground... It was strange. Shane hardly ever leaves this bench at night. I crouch down on the ground and looked at a few small droplets on the floor. Blood!

As tied my shoelaces I listened carefully to my surroundings... Rustling came from my left, quiet laughter and someone begging for help. I stood up and walked through the trees following the sounds, I peered around the trees and saw three men kicking and beating Shane as he tried to stand up-

"Get up tough guy!" One guy laughed.

"Thought you had to be tough to live on the streets!" Another guy taunted then waved a few dollars in front of Shanes face. "Come on, come get it!"

*PING*

My text alert went off.

Shit.

GOD DAMN IT STEVE!

The three men turned to look in my direction. One guy; Who looked like the leader walked over to where I was hiding, he pushed the bushes out the way then grinned down at me.

"Well aren't you a pretty little thing," He said in a pervy way.

I threw my bag off my shoulder. "Big mistake!" I stated.

Without another word I high kicked the man in the face knocking him backwards. I punched his stomach, kicked his knees then I kicked his face bringing him down on his knees groaning in pain.

"You little shit!" The other guy said.

The two men ran at me. I ran and slid between the two of them, I kicked the one in the back of the knees knocking him down but as I stood up the other guy hit me in the face which only made me twice as angry, I threw punches at him, rapidly hitting him in the face, I dodged and kicked until the guys face was covered with blood.

Suddenly I was grabbed by the ponytail and pulled backwards, I kicked my foot up and knocked the guy in front if me out. I elbowed the guy behind me in the ribs, I threw my hands up and scratched his eyed making him yell and let me go, when he had his back to me I jumped on his shoulders forcing him to the ground knocking him out as he hit the deck.

I took in a few deep breaths trying to calm down then I looked at Shane who sat wide eyed and covered in blood. I rushed over to him and helped him up.

"Seven?" Shane asked. "My God, how did you do that?"

I shook my head. "Don't worry about that, are you alright?" I asked as I helped him up. "Why did they beat you up?"

Shane sighed. "That's what happens when you're on the streets kid," He admitted. "People don't care who you are, they'll take what little you have or beat you until you give it to them."

I went over to the knocked out goons and began going through their wallets taking their cash. "Take it!" I said giving the money to Shane. "You deserve it!"