"That's her," Scott whispered, pointing me out to his friend.

"Who?"

"The girl I ran into in the woods yesterday. The one I told you about."

I did my best not to look as to not make it seem like I was listening to them. But I couldn't help but tilt my head a little and notice Scott's friend looking at me, tilting his head a little.

"Huh, not what I was expecting."

Well, what was he expecting?

Before anything else could be said between the two, Mr. Yukimura walked in, greeting the class. The entire class, I could feel Scott's eyes on me, making me do my best not to turn and look at him as well.

When the bell rang, I quickly grabbed my papers before Scott or his friend could say anything. The last thing I wanted to do was talk in the middle of a classroom about what I am or what had happened.

I'm not even sure what happened.

Opening my locker, I loaded in the previous books and emptied my hands as lunch was next. My heart began to race slightly as I felt eyes on me.

Turning away from my locker, I looked down the hallway, finding Scott looking at me as he talked with his friends. He looked like he was going to walk over, but his friend stopped him.

My ears picked up on his words, "You don't even know her. She could be a killer or a rogue wolf or-"

"Or like me," Scott said, looking at his friend. They stared at each other for a moment before Scott sighed and turned to his locker. His eyes looked back to me, watching me for a moment.

Suddenly, I felt my eyes turn a blue color and watched as Scott's turned to a red. Both of us turned away, getting our control back.

What was happening to me? This was the second time this had happened. I was never one to lose control, especially in public. Yet, I found myself losing that control in the eye line of this werewolf. Of Scott McCall.

Shaking my head and sucking in a breath, I grabbed my lunch bag before heading to the lunch tables outside. Every spot seemed to be filled, all with friends laughing and talking about who knows what. I even found Scott with his friends, talking about something big just by the look on their faces.

Once again, Scott's eyes pulled away from his friends, finding me in the middle of the crowd of people.

No, not again, not here.

I quickly turned and ventured back inside. I knew all the teachers would be in the teacher lounge eating their lunches, leaving their classrooms open.

Walking into one of the empty classrooms, I planted my butt in one of the seats and sighed. Digging into my bag, I pulled out my sandwich and unwrapped it before taking a bite.

I had gotten so used to not making friends that I didn't even give it a chance this time. But if we had to move quickly or someone came for me, then I didn't want to have to try and explain myself or leave someone feeling lonely.

The sound of the door opening made me quickly look up and watch as Scott entered. He paused for a moment before he made his way over to me. He pulled over a seat next to me and sat down, setting his book bag down.

"Hey."

"Hi," I said, my eyes on my sandwich.

There was a minute of silence before Scott smiled nervously, "It's smart, bringing your lunch. The school lunch is only good on Fridays."

I nodded, finding myself growing nervous. I knew Scott wanted to address everything and was just trying to figure out what to say.

"Scott," I said, turning and looking at him as I sat my sandwich down. He quickly straightened up and looked at me, waiting for what I was going to say. "You and I both know you didn't come here to talk about lunch."