We walked along the corridor, looking for our other friends (Konjit Kaffrey, Madeline Thomas-Finnigan and her twin brother, Matteo,) when James shared some news. "Guess what? I saw Teddy snogging Victoire." My eyes widened. "As in Teddy Tonks?"

"Yes, as in Teddy Tonks! He might as well just propose to her, he'll finally be family and they can move in with us, even though Dad thinks that's a rubbish idea-"

"HEY! ANIKA! PAT! JAMES!" I turned toward a screaming Konjit, bouncing up and down in her seat. I laughed as we filed in, taking a seat next to Konjit, who turned to play with the tangle of curls I called my hair. "They've gotten even curlier!" she remarked, laughing.

"You're one to talk, Kaffrey." Konjit, too, had out-of-control curls. Her chocolate brown hair chose to arrange itself into a tightly-knit curly mess, giving her an all-natural, never-fading perm. She'd gotten blonde highlights over the summer, which went perfectly with her dark complexion. Madeline snorted. I mock-glared at her as she flicked her sleek sandy blonde hair out of her eyes. She really did look like Seamus Finnigan, one of her dads. Her twin brother, Matteo, on the other hand, had the same curls as Dean Thomas, the twins' other dad. The twins had been born through surrogacy, which was the fact they'd introduced themselves to me with. The woman who had carried them was a very lovely Ministry official called Susan Bones. 

"Well, how was your summer, Anika?" Matteo asked, boredly tapping along with the rhythm of the train on the pop-out table in the compartment. "Well, we visited the Evans property, and Grandma Evans finally told me the story of my dad's adoption."

"Well, what did they tell you?" Madeline asked, leaning in excitedly.

"Apparently, the Evans took him in since his mother, an Indian villager, died giving birth to him. The father had abandoned them. My grandparents felt the magic inside him, so they adopted him."

"So your biological grandfather just left the woman he got pregnant? That's real low," Konjit remarked. "Exactly! I mean, what kind of guy just leaves his pregnant girl in the dust like that?" Patrick added. James nodded in agreement, somehow deep in thought. Knowing James, he was probably busy thinking about how to ridicule Teddy for sucking face with Victoire on the train. 

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" 

"I'll have two chocolate frogs and a pumpkin pasty, thanks." I handed the Trolley Witch my money.

"A packet of Bertie Bott's Every-Flavoured Beans. And please send down a packet of licorice snaps for my brother, Albus." James handed over his cash, smirking. "He has no idea they bite." Typical James, pranking his little brother before the poor bloke had even attended the Sorting Ceremony. 

"Two chocolate frogs for us," the twins echoed, taking out their money.

"I'll take two pumpkin pasties," Konjit added, counting her coins.

"Pat?" I asked. "Nothing for me, thanks," he replied. "I'm saving up for a broom."

I nodded as we collected our food from the Trolley Witch, Patrick biting into my pumpkin pasty before I could object. I rolled my eyes, popping a Chocolate Frog into my mouth without a moment of hesitation. Opening up the packet, I pulled out the trading card, seeing a picture of James' father, Harry Potter, as a teenager plastered onto the front. Harry stopped to shrug before walking off, looking worried. The card read:

Arguably the most famous wizard of our time, Harry James Potter defeated Lord Voldemort at age 17, having spent his years at Hogwarts uncovering secrets about him with Porffessor Albus Dumbledore. Harry embarked on a quest with his best friends, Ron and Hermione, as a 7th-year at Hogwarts to search for Horcruxes, items containing part of Lord Voldemort's soul. His most notable achievements are: killing Voldemort, forming Dumbledore's Army, winning the Triwizard Tournament, conjuring a full-bodied Patronus in his third year and finding the Chamber of Secrets, killing the Basilisk in his second year.