Playground

Readers POV:
Leo held me on his back and carried me to the monkey bars.
"Remember how to get on top?" Leo put me down onto my feet.
I nodded and climbed the ladder. He smiled up at me. His smile gave me this tight happy feeling in my chest. Like I wanted to scream and have a dance break.

He climbed up after me and sat on a bar close to me. We sat facing each other. He stared and I looked behind me to see if it was something else he was looking at and wasn't me.
"Are you looking at me or?" I turned around, facing him.
"No. The person behind you." He said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at him and smiled.
"You're such an ass." I laughed a little.
"I know." He smiled.
"I wanted to talk to you about something." He said after a pause.
"Yeah, what's up?" I met his eyes with mine.

"There's bird poop on the monkey bars you're sitting on." He smiled.
"Ew." I quickly moved to the monkey bar right in front of him. We were extremely close now.

Leos POV:
I was going to mustard the courage to tell her I'd had some sort of feelings for her this whole time, but I couldn't. I wasn't sure what she'd say. Y/n had a big thing with lying. She always had. Her ex boyfriend was a compulsive liar. He'd lie about where he was. Who he was with. He lied about everything. She thought she'd known him for the 7 months she'd dated him but she didn't know a single thing about this kid. He was a cheater and a liar.

She was close to me. Close enough that the urge to pull her in for a kiss only grew stronger. But I stood my ground. It wasn't the time for that.

Readers POV:
I was close to Leo now. My knees were placed in the little triangle of space between his.
"What do you want to do for your birthday?" Leo broke the silence.
"I'm not sure yet. Maybe just have you and some friends over. Lilly. Maybe Alex. I'm still kind of angry with him." I sighed.

"If he hadn't told me everything, than we wouldn't have made up. Be grateful for bad situations. Some sort of good can always come of it." Leo lifted my chin, causing my eyes to meet his.
"Right, I guess it was just an extremely painful process. I could have done without the pain." My eyes wondered all over his face. From feature to perfect feature.

"Nobody likes feeling pain. It's the outcome of it. That's what you need to have rose colored glasses for." He too studied my features.
"Ready to go back?" I pulled back.
"If you are."
"Yeah." I nodded.
Leo climbed down and helped me down.

We headed back to his car and drove home. The car ride was quite. I really just couldn't think about the possibility of Leo liking me. Not even for a second. If anything, he was flirting with me because he was lonely after leaving Sarah. Although, Leos not that kind of guy. I don't know. I just didn't want to get led on.

Leo drove me back home.
"I'll see you tomorrow." I opened his car door.
"You don't want to hang out anymore?" He looked at me, seemingly hurt.
"You know, just...homework." I felt bad. But I needed some time alone to think some things over.

"Right. See ya." He flashed a smile at me.
I got out and closed the door taking a deep breathe and heading inside.