Elements

I AM A MASTER AT MAKING CHAPTERS WITH HEAPS OF TALK AND LITTLE SENSE.

[ANGEL]

Angel studied the boys as they were dragged into the room, unconscious and shirtless. They had huge wings extending out of their back, much bigger than Max's or even Fang's, and it hung limply behind them.

"Put them on the floor, since the cages are too small with their wings out and Nigel doesn't want them damaged." Esan instructed the Erasers. One of them harshly dropped Jason face first on the floor, and Esan jumped. "Gently! They're alive, you know! I mean, they are valuable."

The other Erasers arranged them around on the floor, so that they were on their chest or side. The Erasers then walked out, leaving Esan frowning over the arrangement.

I'm sure Nigel won't mind me bringing blankets, they must be cold on the floor. Along with their shirts. I'm sure they finished with cutting the wing-holes and cleaned them. Esan thought, and Angel marveled and how he was thinking about how comfortable they were instead of how hilarious they look or something.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked Max and the Flock suddenly. "I'll go make you something. Harsh day today. There is noodles, pasta, rice, egg, and I think some sausages."

"Um..." Max replied, looking back at everyone.

"Oh stupid question. You need to eat a lot right? I'll try and get you everything." Esan smiled kindly, before leaving the room.

"I think this might be a plot to make us soft or something." The Gasman said. "He's too nice."

"If it's a plot, he would be thinking about how to be nice and how to treat us well, and when he can stop being nice as he hates us, instead of thinking that we need to eat and that Percy, Jason and Nico need blankets."

"He was thinking that?" Max said, and Angel nodded. "Talking about thoughts, are you getting anything from the boys?"

"No, it's weird. Like, when I try, it's blank and empty, like...Jeb." Angel shook her head. "But they are nothing like Jeb. I think it's maybe they know a way to stop mind-reading, and is doing it as a precaution, or they just have a really high guard, constantly alert even when sleeping. But we are constantly on guard, and yet I can read your minds. Who can be more alert than us?"

Max frowned. "Where is Jeb anyway?"

"Let's hope he died." Fang muttered.

"Shush. I can hear Jason waking." Iggy said, and they turned their heads to see if it's true. It was. Jason was sitting up, rubbing his face and groaning.

"My face feels dead." He mumbled, shifting into a more comfortable position.

"The Eraser dropped you on your face." Nudge said helpfully.

"What? Oh. No wonder."

Angel tried to read his mind again, but frustratingly came up with blank. What was it with these people? The story about their past seemed doubtful to her, and she can't check to see if they were lying or not.

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow..." Percy muttered, rolling over on his back. "OW! Gosh, I forgot about the wings." He sat up, mumbling and shooting glances at the wings behind him.

Esan hurried in, pushing a trolley piled with food. "Oh! You're awake. Lunch is served." He handed out plates of sweet-smelling food, and, like he said, it was plied with eggs, rice, some chicken, sausages, pasta, noodles, and others. Esan also handed out forks and spoons, and everyone started eating. Nico was already up and sitting on top of his cage, eating from his plate slowly. Angel tried to read his mind again, along with the other two boys, but still no success.