Night Terrors (Rocky x Ginger)

⚠️ DISCLAIMER: THERE WILL BE BLOOD AND GORE MENTIONED! PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION! ⚠️

The deaf noise of a faint heartbeat repeated over and over in Ginger's head. She was somewhere she was familiar with, the chicken farm. The heartbeat faded and screams of fear were replaced. Ginger seemed to be in the back of a crowd. Chicks shouted, "Get someone to help him!" and Ginger wonder who this was. She pushed through the crowd to see a bloody and gorey mess across the ground. The body however.. it was noticeable. Ginger's eyes widen, tears streaming down her face. It was Rocky. His stomach was cut open, letting his guts spill out. A dead and emotionless expression was on his face, his lively brown eyes now replaced with a empty grey color. Ginger stood, dumbfounded. Was this a dream? Was this real?..
Ginger ran to his body, dropping to her knees. She picked up his limp body and just looked at it as her quiet cries turned into screams of pain and distraught. She closed her eyes, hoping that this was a dream, a really bad dream. When she opened them..
There was nothing. All she saw was black. She stood up from her knees and looked around. What was happening? Her heartbeat was faster than before and she seemed to be walking backwards. Until, a shadow covered her. She turned around to see a faceless figure look at her, lift up a axe and-

Ginger jolted awake, her breathing heavy and her head hurting. She looked around for a second, seeing everyone asleep and alive. Ginger sighed and grabbed her scarf and hat. She snuck out of the coop and took a breath of relief. She was on the island and everything was quiet. She walked to a tree that was near the pond that secluded the island from the forest afar. Ginger broke down, pressing her back against the tree and sliding down, not caring if it left small scratches. She let out a good cry before someone sat next to them. She lifted her head to see Rocky, fine and not dead.

"Ginger, are you okay?" He asked, placing an arm around her and making her look at him. Ginger was hesitant to answer, but after a dream like that, she needed to talk to him.
"I.. No, I had this weird night-terror.." Ginger sighed, wiping her tears and looked at him with tired eyes. Rocky exhaled a breath, kindly smiling at her.
"What was it about, dollface?" He asked, bringing her close into a warm embrace.
"I-It was about you.. and you were all cut up, and I couldn't do anything about it.." Ginger started to cry again. The memory to her seemed jarring.
"Hey hey hey! I'm fine! Look at me, dollface. I'm okay." Rocky grabbed onto Ginger's shoulders and looked at her.
"Just to think about it.. it kills my heart every time.." Ginger shakily told him, her tears staining her face. Rocky sighed and hugged her close. They stayed like that for a while until both had fallen asleep out of exhaustion.