"Thanks Eves," Zara smiled mischievously. "Congratulations by the way— on the win. Working here wouldn't be half as fun if it wasn't a competition, would it?"

"No," she murmured, her mind still in a cloudy place.

After ordering another drink that Averie hadn't ever heard of for both of them, Zara stood up from her seat. "I'm going to go mingle. You okay here?"

Averie nodded.

"By the way..." The girl took a step closer, "I think you're probably the hottest girl in the room tonight," she nearly whispered, reaching her own hand out to wipe the corner of Averie's lip with her thumb, where the red lipstick smudged a bit. And then she was gone.

Woah.

Averie downed her shot glass, definitely needing it tonight, she realized.

There wasn't much to do except sit and drink, stand and drink, or talk to people, so Averie decided to try and meet some people in the industry. Coasting her gaze around the room, she tried to find someone who looked interesting enough to talk to. At first glance no one was— but that was probably just her introvert showing.

She spotted Pansy on the dance floor, grinding up against a man like she was a horny teenage girl. She wanted to stay far away from her.

There was a woman standing as if she was born to be here, long and dark locks spiraling from her head. She looked to be around forty years old, or so Averie guessed. Her eyes gleamed with intelligence, knowledge. That was interesting.

So Averie steadily walked over to the woman's spot, where she was simply observing while tilting the clear glass of red liquid into her mouth. As she moved closer she realized she recognized that woman. But from where?

"I love your earrings," she started, not knowing how else to start a good conversation. "Where did you get them?"

The woman smiled brightly at the compliment, swirling around the drink in her hand naturally. "Thank you dear, I designed them."

"You're a designer then?"

She nodded, sticking her hand out slightly for Averie to properly shake. "My name is Julia."

It clicked for Averie as she said the name.

Julia Haart.

Creative director of luxury brand La Perla.

Averie was in the presence of someone very important— just as she wished. Realization visibly dawned on her face making her gape a little, to which Julia must have noticed because she was slightly giggling.

"It's such a pleasure to meet you. I'm Av-"

"Averie Wilson," she cut in. "I know exactly who you are."

Julia Haart knows who she is?

"You do?" Averie nervously played with her hair, twirling it around.

"Mhm— and I must say I am very impressed with the new collection. Not many designers think the way you seem to," Julia praised.

"You don't know how much that means to me, Miss Haart," she breathed. Hopefully she wasn't sounding too awkward, she thought. She didn't even know she approached someone of such high status, but why wouldn't she?— This was a high status party, after all.

Julia looked around the room for a split moment, before turning back to meet Averies eyes again.

"I know you probably have a stable position at Mature Divinity, but if you ever need a.... change of scenery? I'd love to mentor you at La Perla, I've heard you're very new to this industry," she reached a hand into her hand purse, pulling out a small piece of paper. "I've been here for years dear, I can show you the secrets and how to succeed even more than you are already doing. Think about it— here's my card if you ever want that second option."