✔LXXV - He was a Dragon and She was A Wizard

Start from the beginning

Prince Billard had asked for her presence but she denied it saying she hadn't been feeling well. But she knew sooner or later, she would have to go. She had told the guards outside of her chamber that no one should enter as she had a contaminated fever which might spread if someone comes. She just didn't want Zenith to come here so she asked Celia to tell everyone. In truth, she wanted to make up her mind and stable herself.

Demian was a dragon and she was a wizard. It was forbidden from the start yet she let herself sway with the flow. How stupid of her to think everything would work out.

Celia had never seen Seraphina so quiet and although they had been in a fight, somehow she felt guilty of treating her with cold shoulder. She didn't know what had happened and it seemed Seraphina would avoid the conversation which made her more furious.

But today, she decided to have a good talk with her. Even if she tried to avoid the conversation, she would never let her do that.

"Alright! I give up!" Celia grumbled angrily as she entered with an enraged face and made Seraphina startled.

Seraphina looked at her and asked, "What?"

"Why are you so quiet?"

"I thought everyone would like that so why not?"

"No... That's not it!" Celia crossed the distance in long three strides and glared at her, "What happened?"

Seraphina looked at her in confusion but Celia would not let it go slide.

"What has happened? You have been acting strange!" Celia fisted her palms and shouted in frustration, "You haven't been eating well, not even going for a stroll and certainly you are not going to the Prince's chamber to annoy him."

Seraphina chuckled but Celia could see her fake smile. Princess Naomi would do that too whenever she was troubled but in Naomi's case, she was always quiet unlike Seraphina who would talk endlessly and annoy everyone or do some activities to get under Celia's skin.

"Nothing." Seraphina looked at the tree and said absent-mindedly, "it's just i'm a bit tired. I just want to feel at peace. I don't want trouble and I don't want to cause any damage to others."

If Celia's jaw wasn't hung already, she would swear it would find a place on the ground. She didn't want trouble? Seraphina was the one who loved to call trouble and somehow trouble loved her too.

"Did something happen to the Prince?" Celia didn't want to pry into her marriage life but she could not stop herself from asking as it was kind of scary to see Seraphina's changed behavior. She might don't like her trouble-calling-personality but this was worse.

It seemed she had lost every will to fight, to go on, to get excited. What could have happened?

"Okay... Now you are scaring me, Seraphina..." Celia said, "Tell me what happened?"

"Nothing." Seraphina stood up and smiled at her as she stretched her back and a yawn left her mouth, "Now, I feel sleepy. Would you just go and tell Prince Billard that I won't be attending the lunch today?"

"What? Today, again?"

"Yes. Tell him that I have a high fever and would like to rest."

Celia tapped her foot on the floor and said, "I will not! Do that yourself!"

Seraphina pouted, "And I thought you would help your friend. Aren't friends help their friends?"

Celia's brows twitched as she said, "Then tell me what happened?"