Chapter 17: The Auction (EDITED)

Start from the beginning

It was 6:35 pm when I left the building. I live 15 minutes to their place. I never like penthouses, but since she moved here in New York I decided to buy a penthouse, which a little bit closer to her place. I stayed in my penthouse only on weekdays since my building is only walking distance, Pancho doesn't have to drive that far because my house is 30 minutes to my workplace.

I drove my Spider Ferrari and headed to her place. Soon enough I'm on the elevator to her floor. It felt like centuries watching the elevator doors open and close at every floor. Then, finally the elevator reach my destination, 22nd floor. The anticipation I felt flared up as I waited for the elevator to slides open. I'm getting anxious.

I walked to her door, standing facing the door like an idiot, I let out a deep breathed and finally pressed the doorbell. 

After like a decade, the door swung open revealing her with her slinky liquid silver gown. She wore a very low neckline and also showed off her flawless back as the stunning frock was sexily cut to just above her derriere. She worked side swept curls, statement earrings, and apricot-coloured makeup for a look that surely had all the men at the event swooned at her feet.

"Stavros.." She murmured barely audible. She looks bewildered.

My breath hitched and I am tongue-tied. I guess my jaw dropped for a while because I felt my jaw started to feel numb. I'm not sure if I was surprised seeing her closely, or how beautiful she is with her dress. She looks like a goddess that descended from Mount Olympus.

I quickly gathered myself. "Hi," was all I said, trying not to falter. She looks really surprised too. "Are you ready? I asked sweetly, with my eyes skimming her body up and down discreetly.

"No. But you're not my escort?" she exclaimed looking confused while shaking her head in disapproval. "Salvador will be here any time soon, so please leave Stavros!" she replied icily.

Her rejection is like a knife that was stabbed in my chest tearing my heart into pieces. She sounds like not the Alessandra I know. But I stood my ground. I understand why she's acting like that. She was hurt so it's normal. But I'm here, ready to mend her broken heart.

"I will be your escort tonight, babe," I stated with finality. She looks so beautiful. She's like the polished Alessandra.

She glared at me. "I'm not your girlfriend anymore Stavros, so stop calling me with that! And, why are you here anyway? Does your wife even know you're here?" She snapped sarcastically, huffing.

"Will you let me in so we can talk?" I said ignoring her sarcastic words. "I know I owe you a lot of explanations. You left without clarifying all the details. You decided to believe her without giving me the benefit of the doubt," I spouted feeling hurt at the thought that she did not trust me.

"Now will you let me explain everything?" I asked giving her my best sad, sincere look that could melt even a rock.

"How can I believe you? You have all the time before you left to Greece, but you waited, and let her tell me? Do you know how much that hurts? When someone walks in my door rubbing it in my face that my boyfriend is having a baby with her. Then, you left," she ranted with a clenched teeth. "Your explanation is way too late! No!" She sputtered ceremoniously, and she was about to close the door, but I was fast enough. My foot blocked the door and I quickly grab her hand as I pushed the door open and walk in.

As soon as I got in, I kicked the door shutting off. She yanked her hand off me.

"Krystina lied. I'm not the father of her baby. A week before the wedding my private investigator found out her secrets. She was already two weeks pregnant when she attended that party. And ,that night I was dead drunk, there's nothing happened between us, she lied and made it up that something happened between us, but Andrew, who's the father of the baby confessed it to me that she came to his room that night. Ali, I'm sorry I didn't tell you all, what happened that night. But I swear to God, I didn't do anything other than I drank too much. Will you forgive me?" I asked hopeful after a long hurtful confession.