Shouta Aizawa

"Okay. It took 8 seconds for you to be quiet. Time is limited. You kids are not rational enough." The exhausted looking, dark haired man climbed out of his yellow sleeping bag as he spoke. the room was dead silent. We all scrambled to our seats.

     "I'm your homeroom teacher, Shouta Aizawa. It's nice to meet you." We all gawked at this man as he spoke. A teacher? That means he's a pro hero as well. He looks rather worn for a pro. I guess this is the real side of it, huh?

     I recognized him. I don't know what it was about him. But I knew him. I knew that floppy black hair, the tired eyes, the scarf... but from where? Did i see him in the news? Surely that was it... 

     "Its kind of sudden. But put this on and go out on the field." He presented us with red, white and blue school track suits. We went to the washroom to change and all made our way onto the concrete slab practice field, all silently nervous of what was to come.

     "You all have been doing these since junior high, right? Fitness tests, where you weren't allowed to use your quirks. The country still uses these averages, taken from kids who aren't using any quirks. It is not rational." He scanned the silenced crowd of 20 students. "Bakugo. You finished at the top of the practical exam, right? In junior high, what was your best score for the softball throw?"

     The angry, ash blonde boy known only to me as "kacchan" until now, took a small step forward. "67 meters"

     "Now. try doing to with your quirk." Aizawa tossed Bakugo the softball and stepped out of the way. "You can do anything you want, just stay in the circle. Hurry up and give it your best."

    Bakugo stepped up to the circle and planted his feet firmly. He wound up his arm and gave the ball a hard, overhand pitch, sending a massive blast at the last second to propel the ball further. "DIE!"

     "...die?" Midoriya, from the entrance exam, said softly.

     "Know your own maximum first." Aizawa was staring at the sensor in his hand. "That is the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero."

     He turned the sensor around for us to see.

     705.2 meters

     Are you kidding me?? That's insane!

     "Alright," Aizawa caught everyone's attention again "whoever comes in last place in all 8 tests will be judged to have no potential and will be punished with expulsion."

     We all looked at each other. The horrifying word rang through all of our ears, expulsion... what we all worked so hard for could be ripped away in a matter of seconds, we could be sent home with nothing but our broken dignity. Worst of all, with 20 of us, someone would be ranked last.

There was no way to avoid it.