Entrance Exam 2

We had time to change clothes before the practical exam. I pulled at my slate gray tank top, fidgeting to get my anxieties out, as we stood outside the battle center. Reaching up, I made sure my braid was secure, and looking down, that my stained white trainers were tied. I checked the cargo pocket of my black pants to make sure my matches and back up lighter were at the ready, pulled out a match and fastened the pocket.

     Just breathe, Jun. You've trained for this. You are driven. You are ready. You are

     "Get out of my way, extra!" I lost my balance as the blonde haired boy crashed into me, stumbling into another girl and both of us falling to the ground.

     "I'm so sorry." I said, raising to my feet and helping her up.

     "It's no fault of yours." she said quietly, walking away.

     My eyes locked on him. Kacchan, the smaller boy called him, with the explosive quirk. He's absolutely arrogant, with an attitude like that he will either be in first place or last. Either way, if his quirk has anything to do with flames, he absolutely could be useful.

     I don't know if anything happened, or if anything was said before, but the other students rushing past me pulled me out of my haze and I noticed the battle center open. I struck my match on the rough pavement as I ran to light it, transferred the flame into my hand, and off I went.

     Running, jumping, yelling, the battle center was pure chaos. I had created a boomerang out of the flames I held in my hand and was striking the robotic villains with it, one by one as I came across them. I parkoured over the remains, on to the next, but match flames don't last forever.

     Flame quirk, flame quirk, I need a flame quirk! I can not keep taking the valuable seconds to fish out matches and light them on the ground.

     That's when I zeroed in on him. Kacchan came around the corner, a crazed look in his eye as his hands sparked and he took out another machine. I just have to time it right. I sprinted, I knew he wouldn't take well to what I'm about to do.

     As his hand reached to another villain, the sparks flying, I was ready. Our hands collided as the flames reached their fullest point. He got the 1 point attack, I got the extra fire. I jumped onto the still falling remains of the metal obstacle and used a blast to propel myself upwards further onto the top of a building. I thanked the blonde haired boy as I fled, but could hardly hear myself over the screaming.

     "I'LL KILL YOU, YOU DAMNED NERD!"

     His tempter tantrum was the least of my worries. A 3 point villain rounded the corner below me, and a short, disheveled boy was struggling to get off the ground before he got run over.

     Without thinking I created a hook of fire and caught the boys clothes, drawing him up and out of the way of the machine. Once I got him to safety I swung the flame around and made them into a wrecking ball to collide with the bot, crumbling it.

     "Are you okay??" I made a few platforms of fire to get myself to the ground and kneeled in front of the coughing boy. He nodded and thanked me quietly. "Do you need something, do you need medical attention? Or do you just need to shake it off?"

     "sh-shake it off." he said. I helped him to his feet and he leaned against the wall, taking deep breaths.

    I stood with him for a few seconds to make sure he didn't collapse, then went back to business

     I needed to make "Kacchan's" flames worthwhile, and probably avoid him as much as I could.