Whos the real criminal? ❗️

Start from the beginning

"Ok Rapunzel get a hold of yourself you are only going to ask your mother if you can talk to her alone. Not that its your dad's fault. There is no way that he would do such a thing" she was interrupted by Niggle.
"Hello Prinsess, are you ok? I heard you went to go see the Demond himself" Rapunzel was confused at first, but them understood.
"Varain is not a Demond. He is a child who acted out when he was in need to help and got non."
"He is a boy who cant be trusted. He deserves much worse then what he's getting" Rapunzels eyes grew wide.
"NIGGLE! How can you say such a thing" the doors to the throne room were open, most likely opened becasue the guards could hear the prinsess talking to someone.
"What's going on?" The King said getting up form his throne.
"Nothing" Rapunzel glared at the man. "i need to talk to mom about something" The Queen stood up and walked over to her daughter.
"What about?" Arianna asked.
"Oh um... you know... girl stuff" the Queen laughed and walked with her daughter to her room.
"So what are we really talking about?" Arianna said when they left the throne room. Rapunzel looked at her mom then at the ground. She had no idea how to tell her mom about what they just discovered about Varian.
"Who's in charge of Varain?" She asked. The Queen looked at her daughter confused on the question but answered anyway.
"Yours father" those two words shattered all trust she had with the man. If her father is going to treat a kid like that, she dint want to be associated with him. How could her father do such a thing, did Varian do bad things yes, but he dose not deserve to be battered and bruised, to be groomed in thinking he deserves such treatment. Her eyes grew big, but then anger rose in them. She was getting Varain out of there, one way or another. The looked on her daughters face confused the Queen but she figured her questions will soon be answered. The Queen was surprised to see Qurin in her daughters room. She figured he would still be with Varian, but maybe seeing your son behind bars was tough. Before she was able to ask any questions herself Qurin was straight to the point, no hellos, no thank you for coming, nothing like that. Qurin didnt have time to be formal or polite.
"Who is in charge of my son!" Qurin spoke, rage roaring out of his speach.
"The King, Rapunzel asked the same question. What's going on?" Again, Qurin wasted no time.
"Someone is hurting my son, the King is ordering someone to torture my son. He had blood on his back, his face was beaten up, he couldn't even walk to the door with the five feet chain in the middle of the room. I didnt get to touch my son, he didnt get to touch me! He looked up at the amber that held me for months and now that I'm free he still cant hug me. He said he deserves what is happening to him. You go and look at him and you can't denie something is happening. Someone is hurting my son and-" Qurin was interrupted by Rapunzel.
"Niggle." She said.
"The royal advisor? Why?" Eugene asked.
"He is the one who made up the rumor about Varian hurting me, I imagine because he was the only other person who was there. And he just told me that... Varian deserves worse then life"
"He thinks Varian deserves death?" Eugene clarified stunned at the news. Rapunzel nodded, and for the second time today Qurin cried. He collapsed, the idea of someone taking away his son killed him. He felt a part of him die inside, the good part, the best part.
"No. he's a good kid, a great smart kid. He is all I have left. He is just a kid who was scard, he had no one, he did everything to make me proud but I was already proud of him, I have always been. If I would to have just shown it." Arianna got down next to him and gave him a hug.
"Qurin that is not happening. We are going to stop Niggle and anyone else who is involved and get Varian out."
"BUT HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO THAT! HE WONT TALK TO US!" Qurin yelled, directing it at no one in particular.
"We will find a way. Maybe if we just get him next to you. Maybe he will spill what is going on. I mean he trusts you the most right now" The queen suggested. "I will talk to Fredrick about this now that we know he has nothing to do with it" Qurin nodded.
          Qurin walked back to his house finding it empty and quite. He missed the nights where it would be two o'clock in the morning and he would be awaken by a boom that came from down stairs. He missed the loud sound of joy when Varain would suggsessfully solve the problem. The house was no longer a home, home meant that he had his pride and joy and right now that very thing was about a mile up the road behind bars who is getting tourtured.  Qurin walked down to the basement AKA Varian's lab. He got a good look at it this time, there was amber all over the floor boards, Varian's desk was on its side, papers were in chaos. If this wasn't a cry out for help he didn't know what was. He picked up a piece of paper that was next to the desk.