27

Twenty Seven - My Lover

"Hey, sorry I'm late. The meeting went on for longer than I thought." Theo smiles sheepishly as he walks in.

"That's okay. Do you want to eat something before we go?" I ask as I hop out of bed to get dressed.

"No, we'll grab something on the way. Give me ten minutes and I'll change." He throws his briefcase on the bed before rushing into the bathroom with his clothes.

Two weeks after celebrating Michelle and Evan's wedding anniversary Theo told me he had an important client to meet in Dubai. I was surprised when he asked me to accompany him for a weekend trip but also worried about leaving Aria behind. She was more than enthusiastic to stay with our grandmother though. I knew grandma would be happy to take her but they both literally nagged me until I agreed to go. There was something going on but I forgot about it the second we reached the impressive hotel last night.

Now that Theo's back from visiting the client's secretary about their meeting tomorrow we've planned to check out Dubai properly and do some shopping. I get dressed into casual clothing and wear comfortable shoes before packing a bag with things we'll need for the beach. Theo walks out just as I finish and grabs his phone and wallet before we leave.

"Skiing first?" I ask as we walk out of the elevator and into the car.

"Yeah, we'll do some shopping after food." He replies as the driver merges in with the traffic.

We eventually arrive at Ski Dubai first and hit the slopes. I'm more of a beginner but Theo's a pro and gives me some tips. We explore the whole snow park and go on some rides before leaving for the beach. However, Theo guides me in another direction and we reach a harbor where several yachts are docked.

"Are you serious?!" I gasp when he pulls me onto a luxurious looking white yacht.

"Yeah, I thought it'd be nice to spend the day here and have food." He shrugs half-heartedly before we greet the staff.

We get changed in the bathrooms as the yacht moves out into sea and I slip on my black bikini before walking out. I head up to the top level where I find Theo sitting by the edge. He turns to the sound of my footsteps and a shiver runs up my spine when his eyes roam over my body deliciously. I bite my lip when I catch sight of his bare torso peeking out under his open shirt, the muscles clearly defined and complimented by his tanned skin that I envy.

"They'll serve lunch in an hour. Want to take a dip before then?" He grins cheekily and hooks a thumb in the ocean's direction.

"Sure, I don't mind." I sigh contently as I take a seat beside him. "Everything's so pretty. Thank you for bringing me."

"No problem, I would've been bored without you so thank you for agreeing." He smiles and leans over to kiss me sweetly.

We talk as we wait until the staff tells us twenty minutes later that we can jump in the ocean. I take hold of Theo's hand eagerly after he takes his shirt off before we both leap off the deck. He pulls me closer to kiss me before we swim up for air.

"Theo!" He repeatedly splashes me with water and I laugh loudly before splashing him back.

We swim a bit further before the jet skis are lowered and we have some fun with them. Eventually we go back when lunch is served and I dry off before taking a seat on the couch. Theo drapes his arm around my shoulders as he eats and we take in the scenery. I take some pictures and send them to my friends as well as the girls. Elena responds with something cheeky as always and I giggle quietly which has Theo glancing at me in confusion.