Your Happy Ending

Esther and I sneak into the library. Everyone was asleep, and we both had a book we wanted to read together. "Esther?! Y/N?! Where are you?! It's well past your bedtimes!" Miss Beverly's voice echos as I look through the shelves. Finding something that caught my interest, I grab it, and take a peek inside.

Before I can get a good look, I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I quickly put the book behind my back. "Both of you! Bed! Now!" She yells in our ears. Taking us down to our rooms, I wait until she's gone before creeping over to Esther's bed and opening the book. Opening to a page depicting a creature called "The Entity" we both read a little of what's on the page. Soon, sleep takes over us, and I close my eyes, laying down my head.

Esther falls asleep with me, holding her plush rabbit close. A terrible nightmare floods my vision, as I'm being attacked by a giant rabbit with deep, black, staring eyes. He looked strangely of Mr Hopp's appearance. I sit up, clutching at my throat and breathing heavily. Esther sits up soon after, also clutching at her own throat. Looking around the bed slightly, I see no sign of Mr Hopp.

Esther looks at me, and we both nod, getting up from the bed. I sneak out, and step on a toy, which makes an inaudible little noise. I hear a book slam shut, and panic slightly. "In here!" Esther whispers, opening a little table that had a cabinet underneath. By some extreme luck we both manage to hide inside with room to spare. After a moment of holding our breaths, I hear footsteps leading away from our direction, so I quietly open the door and crawl out.

Noticing a paper at my feet, I pick it up, beginning to walk away from the area while I look at the paper. I find Miss Bo, another plushie at the orphanage, in the kitchen. I walk over to where Esther was, and something almost hits me in the head. An ax?! I think, stepping back. I lock eyes with Esther, who looked terrified. Once the ax swings to the point we have an opening, I drop the panda plush and grab Esther, who in turn drops the tiger plush.

I almost run into Mr Hopp, but Esther grabs me, and we both run off as he tries to grab us. As we enter the kitchen, I hear a door get kicked down, and look over to see Mr Stripes, but he was in a similar form to Mr Hopp. I usher Esther into a cabinet, and hide in another, making sure the doors to the cabinets were closed.

Once Mr Stripes runs off, we head back to the library, where Mr Hopp was on a shelf with a book in his lap. I pick up the book as Esther takes Mr Hopp. "Silly rabbit. You cannot read." She say, looking at him. "Esther! Y/N! I knew I'd find you two here creeping around." Miss Beverly says, grabbing Esther. I follow reluctantly, hiding the book behind my back again. I sit down on my bed, sighing. "I'll be taking that!" She shouts, taking the book from my hands. "Oh- Miss Beverly! Please?" I ask desperately as she leaves.

I notice a note on the ground, and pick it up, reading it aloud softly. "The whispering never stops. There's something here. Watching all of us. -Matron Ruth" I run with Esther to the library to look for the book about the Entity, but can't find it. "Y/N. Miss Beverly has the book." Esther whispers, looking around the corner. I smirk and pick out a record, then run to go put it in the record player.

Once I make sure it starts playing, Esther drags me along to go hide in a cabinet. Once she's gone we both run out and up the stairs. I pause at the sight of Miss Bo, but, Esther grabs me, and brings me with her. We run into a room, and I shut the door, using my body to keep it shut. Esther runs over to a desk and picks up the papers Miss Beverly had been crumpling up into paper balls, and the book we had been after. Esther opens the book, and turns the page. "The Six... I know those! They're medallions we can use to fight off those monsters." I say, looking over her shoulder. "I told you what would happen!" Miss Beverly yells, throwing down the record. I flinch, and Miss Beverly takes this chance to grab us both, causing Esther to drop the book.