"And to remind you that the game's today at 5PM." His gentle fingers reach to tuck a strand behind her ear. "You're so pretty." He whispers.

Minju chuckles, eyes refusing to meet Jaemin's confident ones. She thanks him before signaling that classes are starting soon and that they should get going.

Maybe it's guilt that's crawling under her skin right now.

Don't get Minju wrong, Jaemin is a good person and awfully nice to add to it. He has also been one of her comfort people, being Jeno's bestfriend. So it always eases the tension when she sees him around.

"Do you wanna eat lunch together today?"

"Es liegt der heiße Sommer. Auf deinen Wängelein; Es liegt der Winter, der kalte, In deinem Herzchen klein. Das wird sich bei dir ändern, Du Vielgeliebte mein! Der Winter wird auf den Wangen, Der Sommer im Herzen sein." Liu Yangyang prefectly reads out loud, his fluency impressing Song Minju as always. She has always thought he sounds like he was raised in Germany.

Considering how rich he is, she wouldn't be surprised honestly.

"Song Minju." she blinks herself back to reality when Yangyang snaps his fingers in front of her. She asks him what's up and he only raises an eyebrow before deadpanning at her, "I asked if you agree that the person the poem is directing to is acting like someone they're not."

Minju quickly catches on, "As if they're forcing a personality..?"

"Yes. The writer is determined to change that by..." Yangyang's words fade when Minju is taken into a trance once again.

Everything that is happening right now is surreal. They're working at Neo Café - where they finish their last project that night.. where he.. comforted..her.

Images of the moment when she was engulfed in his embrace flashes in her mind and she feels her blood rise up to the roses of her cheeks.

Seeing that she wasn't paying attention, Liu Yangyang watches in confusion as Song Minju finally blinks herself awake, her eyes widen slightly before immediately grabbing her drink and sipping a bigass gulp before averting her eyes somewhere else.

He stifles a grin, covering it up with a sneer and giving her a confused look. "What are you doing?"

"Hm?"

Yangyang only shakes his head dismissively and looking away, trying not to think about how cute that was.

Suddenly, a plate with a strawberry cake comes into view before being placed by Minju's side. Without looking up, Yangyang blurts that they didn't order a cake.

"It's on the house." Liu Yangyang looks up to see Na Jaemin give Minju a smile when the latter meets her eyes. She also smiles back, politely thanking him. "No problem. Don't get too stressed."

"I won't." She gives him a grin that makes him laugh.

Liu Yangyang watches the exchange between the two. He can't help but feel the stiffness and the slight awkwardness in this chemistry. Or maybe he's just being in denialㅡ

He then remembers seeing them eat lunch together earlier today. Well, it was more like Minju was sitting with Yoon Saemi and Lee Donghyuck as usual but Na Jaemin came, so her friends drag themselves away to give their ship some space.

Eventhough Song Minju doesn't seem to reflect the same romantic energy Na Jaemin gives her, something still seems to be pushing Liu Yangyang's button.

The sight of Na Jaemin around Song Minju makes him restless and irked.

Whoaㅡ

What is he even thinking?ㅡ

Upon leaving, Na Jaemin reaches to ruffle her hair a little bit while chuckling. Minju purses her lips before reaching up to fix it, making eye contact with Liu Yangyang who seems to look uninterested at whatever just happened.

Without thinking, he blurts "Are you two a couple now or something? I saw you two eating lunch together today." His eyes widen as soon those words got out of his lips but he manages to keep a pokerface, somehow nervously awaiting for her answer.

Minju immediately shakes her head. "No, not at all. Saemi set us up unknowingly and he told me that he has a crush on me..." the last of the sentence turns into a whisper because Liu Yangyang briefly narrowed his eyes at her.

"Do you.. like him..?" He looks over to the counter where he sees Na Jaemin busy at work.

Minju shakes her head.

He doesn't know why, but it feels as if a huge weight just got pulled off his chest. It's somehow easier to breathe now.

"Okay." Liu Yangyang clears his throat, looking away and trying to hide the slight lifting of his lip corners. "Hey, stop getting so distracted and let's finish this. Just because Na Jaemin has a crush on you doesn't mean he's allowed to disturb us."

She immediately gives him an apologetic smile before nodding. "Ah right.. Sorry.." She bites her bottom lip before finally starting to finish the project.

While she works, Liu Yangyang stares at her thinking. This is the last project for this term. This is gonna be the last time they'll ever meet up like this. He sighs then he suddenly looks at Na Jaemin then to an occupied Minju.

Whatever should you do, Liu Yangyang?