•Ch. 12•

Modern world...

Mom, how are you NOT worried about Y/n right now?" B/n asked his mother as he was pacing back and forth in the living room trying to call your phone but keeps ending up in the voicemail.

"Well, I don't think there's no reason for me to be worried if she's in safe hands," M/n hummed to herself as she was baking in the kitchen, baking pie to be precise.

"Mom, this is serious!" He groaned and trying to call your phone for the many times he can remember. 

"You shouldn't worry too much, perhaps her phone is low battery today, you know how forgetful your sister is," M/n said with an eye smile. "That reminds me, I should probably bake some cupcakes for the boys too. Would you be a dear and take it to them?"

"Who?" B/n asked as he decided to text you instead.

"Why, Diluc and Kaeya of course." 

B/n stopped for a moment and then looked at his mother with a poker face. "Mom, they're video game characters, they're not real people." He replied and rolled his eyes. "I sometimes wonder how she was even able to come up with imaginary friends like that when she was a kid."

"Well maybe if you had not been spending so much time on your phone and hanging out with your friends, you can understand your sister better." M/n hummed as she sets a timer for the pie. "After all, you're her older brother, you should be looking out for her you know.."

Your mother turned to look at B/n as she fixed her headband and her bangs that cover her left eye. For a mother who is in her early 50s, she looks pretty young, young like a maid. "again, it's just a simple task, but please do deliver the cupcakes to them?" 

B/n pat his phone onto the palm of his hand a bit. "... Let's say if they are real," He began, "What would their address be?"

"Hmm... not sure, your sister would know though," M/n replied.

"Okay... if they WEREN'T real? What then?" B/n asked and crossed his arms. "How, in one's mind, would I deliver a REAL tray of cupcakes to a NON-REAL world?"

If you still feel unsure about why don't you take our neighbor with you, AJ?" Your mother replied

"Hell to the motherfucking no," B/n said quickly and giving a sneering look. "We both know that guy like Y/n. No way am I bringing him along." With that being said he turned around and left the room. "I'm gonna go get ready." He added and went upstairs.

M/n only laughed a bit. "Even he doesn't spend a lot of time with Y/n in person, he still watches over her as a brother should." She said to herself as she fixed her headband a bit. "I wonder if Y/n is learning more and more about herself as we speak... Hmm.."

In Monstadt...

"So about the Archon War..." I began.. before our conversation was interrupted.

"AHA! THERE YOU TWO ARE!" Paimon's high-pitch voice called to us as Lisa, Aether, Yanfei, and Paimon walked over to us. 

"shame, I thought for sure you wouldn't have noticed our disappearance, ehe~!" Venti giggled childishly.

"don't you ehe~! me! You ditched us on purpose!" Aether and Paimon said at the same time.

I just watched from the sidelines as Aether had grabbed Venti by his shirt and shaking him back and forth slightly while Venti wasn't even showing any sign of fear from this situation. I just shook my head and gave a small sigh. I forgot how childish Venti could get in any situation... I wonder when was the last time he took something very seriously.