Prologue

Masaya ang handaan sa engrandeng tahanan ng negosyanteng si Raymundo Montebello sapagkat ika sampung kaarawan ng kaniyang panganay na anak na si Allen Nicholas Montebello. Sobrang engrande ng lugar at masasabi mo talagang hindi lang ito isang normal na handaan dahil ang ilan ay nagpapagandahan ng suot at mamahaling mga regalo at pinag-uusapan ang kanilang mga negosyo. Isa sa mga panauhin ng gabing iyon si Apreilyn Pardel  na anak din ng isang negosyante at malapit na kaibigan ng mga Montebello .

Paborito niya talaga ang mga matatamis especially  strawberry kaya napunta kaagad sa mga makukulay na cupcakes ang kaniyang atensyon at iniwan ang kaniyang mga magulang na abala sa pakikipag-usap sa kapwa negosyante.

Habang masaya siyang kumakain strawberry flavored cupcake na hawak niya ay bigla itong hinablot ng isang batang lalaki sa kamay niya.

"Too much sugar is bad April" sabi nito habang tumatango pero sinamaan lang niya ito ng tingin sapagakat naantala ang kaniyang pagkain.

" Its not Al. I only ate 3 cupcakes so basically  I still can eat. Give me that, thats mine." Pilit niyang inaabot ang cupcake sa kamay. She stomped her feat on the ground nang hindi niya maabot ang cupcake na hawak nito. Mas mataas kase ito sa kanya at hanggang leeg lang siya nito.

"Fine that's yours nalang I'll just get a new one." But before she could head towards the buffet she was already dragged by a small pair of hands towards the pool side of the house.

The pool area was breathable since all the visitors are inside the mansion. Young Allen stopped dragging April at pinaupo ito sa isa sa mga sun lounger  roon at tumayo lang ito sa harap niya.

"Paalala ko lang Mr. Allen Nicholas Mendez,sir. Your party is inside the house and not here. Why did you even brought me here in the middle of my session in eating my delicious strawberry cupcake which is you 'stole and ate' by the way."

"Well firstly you didn't  even greet me a happy birthday instead you instantly dashed towards the damn cupcakes" sagot nito habang pumustura na parang pinapagalitan siya nito.

April couldn't help but to smile in how annoyed Allen over such a simple thing but then again frown when she remembered her eaten cupcake.

"Well, Happy birthday Al I wish you the best." She gave him a warm smile and give him a hug. She put her lips near his ear and whisper "Thank for being always there for me, for always listening to my rants and dramas even if your brothers really find me annoying" he chuckles upon listening to her that's right his brothers really found her annoying.

She released from the hug and gave him her present. Young Allen instantly open the small box and found out it was a cotton white handkerchief with his name embroidered on it. He stare at the handkerchief and smile when he saw how messy the his name was knotted.

"You already have everything  so I cane up with an idea of giving you that.You must like it. I sacrificed my fingers being always pricked by a needle for it Allen. I embroider that myself with love and you must not lose it."

"Of course I do like it and will not lose it." With his answer she smile happily. They laugh and talked about April's story as Allen listen to her.

The party is still on going in the mansion not realizing the celebrant was gone. In the middle of their talk when Allen was caught by a well built man with a black cloth that's covering it's face. April shriek when the man caught her arm and try to drag her also. Their parents were passing when they see the scenario and instantly rushed towards the man not to cause harm to the children. They step closer make the man point a gun on Allen's  head, let April go and strangle him. April run towards her parents and hugged them.

While the man was paranoid on the situation Allen took the chance to bite his hand and stomp his foot on the man that  made him wince in pain and lose the grip on Allen. 

Two loud shots of gun was heard in the mansion. Allen couldn't move of the tight  and warm embrace of hand unto his neck. He saw the face of his bestfriend with the tears in her eyes followed by blood gushing from her mouth.

"Ha- ha- hap-py bi-birt day A- Al I-I lo-love  ...." He can feel her weight unto his body. Dying heartbeat like his world that started to fall down.