Chapter 5𒊹︎The Pool

Start from the beginning

"Geez Louise." He sighed in awe.

"What's the matter?" I smacked his head.

"Geez..." he smiled, continuing to stare foward.

He fixed his glasses and pointed in front of him, "Wendy Peffercorn. Woah." He was completely staring at her and not bothering to look away.

I was so embarrassed of him, but he wasn't wrong, she was very pretty. She had Blonde hair, a mix of blue and green eyes and she had a green plaid dress on along with a matching headband.

She walked past us looking down at Squints and smiling at him. I saw his eyes look down towards her ass, and I just shook my head. He was also smiling like an idiot. Gross.

"Come on let's go we gotta get-"

"No!" He cut me off still staring at the girl.

"We gotta get to the sandlot, let's go!" I whisper-yelled, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him with me.

Sofia's POV:

I finally saw Yeah-yeah and Squints run into the sandlot. Squints couldn't even walk straight, so I was kind of weirded out by that.

"Where've you guys been? We've been waiting here forever already?" Benny went up to them.

"Ah, Squints was pervin' a dish." Yeah-yeah giggled putting the baseball in Benny's palm.

"Shut up. I wasn't." Squints said, adjusting his glasses.

"Yeah-yeah you were! Your tongue was hanging out of your head and you was swoonin'! Oh Wendy Peffercorn! My-"

"BLAHHH" I choked on my coke as soon as I heard Wendy Peffercorn.

Literally. I was on all fours, on the ground coughing and wheezing. The boys didn't even help. They were just staring at me.

"Uh, are you ok?" Kenny asked.

"I-" I stopped as a cough escaped from my throat.

"Does it look like it, Kenny? She is choking on the ground." Benny scoffed.

Benny snapped his fingers in front of my face, which helped my coughing calm down.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I-I- *cough* I know Wendy Pe-*cough* Peffercorn personally." I gasped, patting my own chest to help stop me from coughing.

Squints just grinned wider, it looked creepy.

"Well do you need anything?" Yeah-Yeah tilted his head.

"No I just choked on my coke that's it. Thanks for helping." I sat back down on the bench, recovering from choking and coughing.

"This pop isn't working, Benny. I'm baking like a toasted cheeser! It's so hot here!" Ham whined throwing his mit on the ground.

I wanted to play too, but it was extremely hot outside, even I couldn't last.

"It's 150 degrees out there. You can't play baseball! You've gotta call it for a day!" Squints said moving his hand in a chopping motion. Everyone was agreeing with Squints, even I was.

"Vote then! Anybody who wants to be...a can't-hack-it...panty waste...who wears...their mama's bra, raise your hand!" Benny yelled with irritation in his voice.

Everyone raised their hand.

"Fine, fine, FINE! Be like that. So what are we going to do?" Benny sighed.

Yeah-yeah smirked and looked at the other boys. In unison, the boys yelled, "Scam Pool Honey's!"

I got up from my seat and grabbed my stuff.