【11】

˜"*°•.˜"*°• 11 •°*"˜.•°*"˜

...she led me through the old streets of the town until we reached a place I didn't recognize anymore.

We reached a field that stretched far in all directions. I'd never been there before, which is weird, because after living in this place for over 10 years, I thought I'd seen everything. The field was covered in grass that reached up to my thighs, and there were flowers everywhere. If heaven was a real place, this is what I imagined it would look like. 

The sun was still shining bright, but it was soon reaching the horizon. The sky was painted in all of the beautiful warm colors, yellow, orange, red and pink all above us. I loved the feeling of summer, there was so much to enjoy. The air smelled warm and I could hear various types of birds and insects chirping around me. 

Victoria kept leading me, and we started walking on a path that someone had made in the grass. We kept getting further and further in and as I looked back, I could see the town getting smaller and smaller. We reached a place in the middle of the field where the town was still visible, but now, if you looked in the opposite direction of the town you could see some parts of the sea. 

This field, just like our town, was however on elevated ground, meaning if you kept walking towards the seaside, you'll eventually realize that you're standing on a cliff, with the water many meters below you. That was something I found beautiful about this place, but sometimes it was also annoying, since you couldn't go swimming in the area. 

We kept walking towards the cliff and when we were close enough, Vic stopped. What I then saw in front of me was a beautifully decorated blanket. On the dried out grass there was a beautiful dark blanket on which there were pillows and other blankets. There was also a picnic basket filled with glasses and fruits. 

I couldn't help but feel surprised. What was this all about? How did she manage to arrange this if we were together all day? 

She let go of my hand for the first time in hours before turning to me nervously. "So, what do you think?" she asked me. I could tell she was really trying to impress me and I realized then that I wanted to hug her as tightly as I could and kiss her over and over. But I couldn't do that yet. 

"It looks beautiful" I managed to answer. "How did you-?" I added before she cut me off. "Damiano helped me. I asked him before we went to the café. That's why he arrived late" she said, and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. She had planned this beforehand, and also asked Damiano to help her with it so that it could be a nice surprise for me.

She sat down in the middle of the blanket and took off her shoes. "Come, sit down" she said while motioning to me. I sat down next to her and removed my shoes as well. The blanket wasn't very big and we had to sit close to each other so that we could both fit well. I didn't mind it though, and I was sure she didn't either.