【8】

˜"*°•.˜"*°• 8 •°*"˜.•°*"˜

Thomas and I had finished preparing the beds and we had sat down on the couch, both with such worry that we couldn't produce any words. My legs were shaking and I could feel my eyes swell with tears. Thomas probably knew how much guilt I felt, even though he wouldn't put the blame on me.

We sat for hours, anxiously waiting for them to come back and after a while we started falling asleep. I rested my head on his shoulder and drifted off. I suspected a few hours had passed when suddenly we woke up to a door being slammed shut. Damiano was now standing in front of us with a stressed facial expression. His clothes were dripping and creating a pool of water underneath him. 

"So.." he finally breathed out. "I found her. She ran for a really long time and at one point I lost her. After a while I heard someone going into the lake so I followed her. She told me she only wanted to take a swim but since she's drunk I didn't let her", he added. He took his shirt off and put it on the floor next to him.

"She's in her room. She's very upset, didn't wanna tell me anything. I think she wants to be alone but someone needs to be in there with her. If only to just let her know she's not alone, and make sure she'll be fine" Damiano then said, causing me and Thomas to let out a deep breath. Now the question was who was supposed to go in there with her. 

We all stood in silence and watched each other. "I don't think she wants to see me right now, one of you guys should go in there", I said. Damiano answered that he disagreed, since I'm the one who knows her the best. I tried to explain that she's probably upset with me and needs some space, so we decided to send Thomas in. He walked upstairs and knocked on the bedroom door. When he didn't receive an answer, he simply walked inside.

Damiano then sat down next to me on the couch. "I'm sorry" he said while looking for eye contact. I didn't know how to feel, or how to react. He hurt me for such a long time that all of those years of pain weren't gonna go away only because he apologized, which I told him. "I understand that. I was a dick, and I regret all of it". The question is, would he had stopped if he didn't become a part of the band? I mean, he did just ruin the day for all of us, and it looked like it was on purpose. 

"The last time you were a dick was about 5 hours ago. It's hard to just accept and move on now" I told him. He shifted his position and let out a breath. "I'll try to be better. I promise. I'm sorry" he said. I stood up and started looking for my phone as I heard a loud bang from upstairs. A few moments later, a scared Thomas came running downstairs. "She just tried to throw a goddamn shoe at me."

Damiano and I both looked at each other and he started laughing quietly. "Who's going next?" he then said. I stared back at him, giving him the answer. He went over to his bag, got out a new shirt which he put on before going upstairs. He knocked on the door twice. "Victoria, it's me" he said before going inside. We could hear Vic starting to yell something and not many moments later, Damiano too, fled downstairs.

They both looked at me. "I'm not going up there, what if she reacts the same way as she did with you guys?" I said. "She won't" Thomas said. They didn't say anything else before motioning to me that I needed to go upstairs. I put down everything I had in my hands and slowly went upstairs. 

I didn't bother knocking, and instead I walked right in. The room was almost completely dark, but there was one little lamp next to Vic's bed which was lit. She quickly turned around and glanced at me, probably to see who entered the room, before she turned her head towards the wall again. She was laying in her bed with her arm underneath her pillow and her legs were bent. 

She didn't say anything and didn't react in any way. I knew she wouldn't want to talk about it so instead I simply walked over to my own bed where I lay down. It was quiet in there. It almost felt as if anyone who would enter the room could hear all of our thoughts. We lay there quietly for a while. I couldn't say anything else, since I didn't want to upset her even more, so the only thing I told her was a simple "I'm sorry". As I said it, a tear escaped me eye. She didn't say anything and I turned against the wall on my side before falling asleep.

-

I woke up by the sun shining on my face and I looked around the room. Vic had probably already gone downstairs. I guessed she hadn't slept very well, and neither did I. I went downstairs and first saw the two guys laying on the couch spooning. I chuckled and walked towards the kitchen, were it looked like someone already had breakfast. I looked out though the window and saw Vic sitting alone in the grass staring out towards the lake with a bowl in her hands. 

I wanted to talk to her, know how she felt. I wanted to tell her that there was nothing to worry about. I wanted to apologize, to make it all better. But I knew I needed to give her space. I sat in the kitchen for a while after making breakfast that I didn't realize I didn't actually start eating. After a while the door opened and Vic stepped inside the kitchen. 

We made eye contact and she remained quiet as she walked over to the sink where she left her dishes. My eyes followed her all the way until she left the kitchen. She was heading upstairs but first she stopped by the couch and clapped really loudly so the guys woke up. As Damiano and Thomas quickly awakened, Vic grinned and headed upstairs. The guys pulled apart immediately and sat up. 

Hours passed and me and the guys were downstairs when we finally decided that something had to be done. We couldn't go on like this for the rest of the weekend. Damiano went upstairs and came out of Vic and I's room with Vic in his arms, carrying her bridal style. Vic was clearly not having it, as she was trying to climb her way out of his grip. He let her down once they reached the couch.

The four of us all stood there silent before Damiano suggested a plan for the rest of the day. "How about we go explore the woods together today and then tonight we can watch a movie or something". Thomas and I nodded and then we all turned to Vic who also answered with a small nod without looking at any of us.

We all got ready and went out in the woods together. However, the adventure was cut short due to everyone getting random mosquito bites, and complaining about the itch, and the heat, and about them being hungry. Vic walked behind all of us and I slowed down every time I looked back and saw her falling behind. In front of us, Damiano and Thomas looked like explorers running forwards and backwards and investigating every little thing they would find interesting. Eventually they would also fight each other with sticks they picked up from the ground. 

As we got back a few hours later, we made dinner and ate it before heading into the living room. Vic still hadn't said anything to me all day, and she even avoided looking at me. That's why I was surprised when we all sat down on the couch, and Vic sat down next to me. Close.

-

A/N

I'm having writer's block with the upcoming chapters but I'm trying my best to think of what to write:)

And don't worry y'all, Ethan is on his way!

As always, enjoy