Two Ghosts (Part 2)

Renaissance!Lord!Harry Styles x Reader

Summary: Reader feels as if Lord Styles has some contempt towards her, that is until she learns of gossip centering around him

Summary: Reader feels as if Lord Styles has some contempt towards her, that is until she learns of gossip centering around him. And encounters him in a library late at night.

Note: grammar and spelling mistakes as always... here is part two of two ghosts! after this chapter, i have fallen madly in love with lord styles. goodbye. oh and always always always please read the end note

Don't be shy to leave a vote, comment, ask, private message, any type of interaction about what you thought! I love responding to asks and interacting with my readers. Feedback, theories, questions, and comments are always great to read! I enjoy hearing from you guys, I appreciate it! It's a motivator!!! And fanart is always welcome (:

And a reminder that the Two Ghosts taglist is always open! (:

Warning: mentions of smut, language

Words: 5.3k+

***April 16, 1536: Windsor Castle, England***

Just outside of the banquet hall where the king's feast took place, King Charles stood tall and proud in his red robe as he watched his relatives make their way down the long hallway.

Some guests huddled in small groups throughout the hallway, conversating. It was to witness the king's greeting to his uncle and cousin. The reunion.

They were there to gossip.

Harry played along with the theatrical antics by talking with a group of women. Disguising himself in the crowd. But he wasn't invested in the conversation. His eyes kept looking elsewhere. At the king's cousin.

You.

But he looked away the moment your eyes locked with his green eyes.

The type of enchanting green eyes you could never forget.

"Uncle," King Charles smiled, holding his arms out as a gesture of peace. "Cousin."

"Your Majesty," you and your father greeted in unison. Your father bowed as you curtsied, showing the king your respect.

"Please," Charles began. "Call me Charles. We're family."

"Charles." Your father nodded.

"I apologize we couldn't meet properly before the feast. I had some... affairs, to take care of," Charles carefully worded. "But I hope your travels were safe, and that the food is to your liking."

"England only offers the best," your father stated, complimenting the king. "You look so much like your father. You have his eyes. Strong eyes."

"My father was a strong man," King Charles boasted.

Standing there, you noticed the tension between your father and the king. The hidden tension that could burst into something more with just the wrong statement. Or word.