✔LXXIV - Tales of the little Devil's Childhood

Start from the beginning

It seemed the Crown Prince had started to like Seraphina as his sister in law. Master Valentine almost felt sad when he would learn about her true identity; maybe he would no longer see her as his family. Same could go for Demian. Would he accept her?

The way the people of Dragon nation had boisterous views on wizards, there was no way anyone would want a wizard around them.

"True, Your Highness," Master Valentine said as he thought of an excuse to go see Seraphina. "Pardon me, Your Highness, but I have to talk to the Dragon guards about their posts as we need to put more security now especially when the young prince's transformation day is coming."

Billard nodded, "Yes, and tell them to keep their eyes and ears open. I don't want Demian to be harmed by any means."

The old advisor bowed and sighed in relief as Prince Billard went toward his destination. Master Valentine's eyes stayed there for a moment and until Billard vanished from his sight, he kept watching him.

He spun on his heels toward Seraphina's chamber.

*****

Seraphina was sitting on her chair as she saw outside of the large window. It was raining heavily as they roared with thunder. The whole castle was under a heavy shower and as if it stood as a crown in the landscape.

There was a knock on the door as it caught her attention. She said, "Come in."

In a white robe, the old advisor entered. His head was hidden under a white cloth that sat on his head. It almost looked like a turban.

"Master Valentine." Seraphina gave him a smile as she hadn't seen him like forever and now that he came, she felt like breaking down before him but she restrained herself.

Master Valentine came near and scrutinised her for a moment as he said, "I had been busy with the state affairs so I could not come talk to you."

Seraphina nodded in anticipation as she said, "I know."

"So, I had talked with Prince Demian about the whole blunder of Rockdelia. He had informed me about everything but I suppose he hadn't told me about something important."

Seraphina looked at him questioningly, "What is it?"

"About the stone."

Seraphina nodded and said, "Yes but isn't he supposed to give it to you for safe keeping?"

"I don't know but he hasn't given me that instead he didn't mention it at all." Master Valentine informed which made Seraphina to have a frown. Why hadn't he said anything about it?

He told her that he was just collecting them. Did he really plan to use it for personal gain? Knowing even after that those stones put curses on you?

Seraphina was perplexed by it as Master Valentine asked, "Did he mention anything about what he had planned to do with it?"

Seraphina shook her head.

Then she recalled he had told her what if he needed it for his personal gain? Her heart thumped. Was he serious when he said that?

She looked at the old advisor while the old man stood there with a pair of old eyes which had doubt written in them. "Well, tell me about the stone. Did captain Roover say how he gained it?"

"No," Seraphina tried to recall but as far as she knew Roover hadn't mentioned it. "Why?"

"Well, you must have heard of three stones." Master Valentine said in which she nodded. Demian had told her about it and he had told her the story as well.