• Chapter X •

Start from the beginning

    Gia, who happened to be by (Y/N)'s side, embraced the older cat, resting her head on the (A/S)'s shoulder. (Y/N) laughed happily at the news and returned Gia's hug by wrapping her own arms around the jaguar's smaller frame.

    "That's what I call crack-a-lackin' to the mack-a-lackin'!" Marty shouted.

    "We did it!" (Y/N) walked up to Alex as the lion high fived her, expressing their victory. "Who could have thought that you carry a hair conditioner around?" She teased him, as the two shared a friendly laugh.

    Stefano came running over to the two, jumping in excitement, before exchanging a hug with Alex, "We did it, Alice!" the sea lion cheered, before turning to hug (Y/N).

    "Yeah!"

    Stefano stepped back to look up at both cats with a big smile across his face. "Maybe I am average intelligence-a after all!"

    (Y/N) not understanding anything behind the Italian's words looked over at Alex with an amused brow raised, seeking an explanation from him. The lion simply shrugged with a smile before turning his ocean blue gaze back to the sea lion. "Perhaps, even slightly above."

    Stefano looked like he was going to start crying tears of happiness. And (Y/N) couldn't tell if it was from the circus' triumph or Alex's words.

    "No, I don't think so!" Stefano brushed the American's words off, smiling his usual cheeky smile.

    As (Y/N) watched slightly weird but warm nonetheless interaction between her friends, Vitaly came up behind her and Alex, before wrapping an arm around the latter's shoulders, startling him a little.

    "Ha! Hair conditioner. Great idea, my friend!" the Russian cat praised, turning his eyes from (Y/N) and Alex to the sea lion, before offering Stefano to pet the fur on his arm. "Feel. Go ahead. Soft like kitten, no?"

    Stefano gasped, moving his flipper up and down Vitaly's fur. He seemed to enjoy the soft texture it gained after the tiger quite literally poured the hair conditioner on himself. "Look at that."

    Alex laughed and stepped away from Vitaly to look him in the eyes. (Y/N) took his place by tiger's side.

    "Slippery, but not flammable." Alex pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone of voice.

    "You smell like peaches and herb!" Stefano exclaimed in delight as the trio walked away, leaving Alex to talk with Gia.

    "You did amazing!" (Y/N) told the tiger, after Stefano left the two to converse one on one, "I never thought I would see something like that! You really did the impossible!"

    Vitaly laughed before picking (Y/N) up and spinning around, earning himself a delighted laugh from her that mixed with his own. Placing her down, he never let go of her as his eyes roamed across her (F/C) and (M/C) fur. Dare he say she looked lovely and stunning.

    "You did great too, my dear." He said, eyes softening as he was entranced by her own (E/C) hues that were so outstanding. "Just wait until the world sees what our circus can do. And with you and your friends by our side we will have the best time!"

    The fondness that (Y/N) expressed towards the Russian started turning into love, the longer she continued looking at him. The spark that was ignited before the performance only brightened and filled her entire body with its warm flames. She never imagine she would find someone who would be willing to stand by her side, to share that spark with her. And yet the smile she had on her face only widened as she refused to look away from Vitaly.

    The blooming feeling caused her cheeks to get painted with the reddish tint. She was grateful that her fur prevented prying eyes from seeing it.