Eight

"Has anyone got eyes on Maggie?!" Natasha yelled into her comms as Fury flew the helicopter around the sky.

"I don't see her," Sam panted into his comms. He was fighting Rumlow on the 41st floor.

"Steve?!" Natasha yelled.

Steve was sprawled on the last Helicarrier, gunshot wound to the abdomen. The Helicarrier was burning around him and he could see Bucky stuck under a large metal pipe.

He looked down through the glass, noticing two bodies falling from the other Helicarrier.

"Steve?!" Natasha yelled again.

"Look down," Steve panted, struggling to his feet to save Bucky.

"Natasha," Fury trailed off as he saw the two bodies descending towards the floor.

Natasha looked down with a grimace. She grabbed a backpack with a parachute in and put one of her arms through it. She pulled off her headphones.

"Follow me down. We're gonna need you when I get her," Natasha said.

She jumped out the side of the helicopter, descending down towards Maggie and the man she had been fighting.

Her daughter was in danger and Natasha had to save her.

Dimitri latched on to Maggie as they fell, wrapping his arms around her neck to strangle her. Maggie spat more blood into the air as her stomach flipped again. She had never been one for flying, or falling through the air. She didn't know anyone who actually liked doing this, because she definitely didn't.

"Nobody is coming to save you, princess," Dimitri smirked at her.

Maggie's eyes caught sight of Natasha, falling towards them with her arm outstretched to grab Maggie. Maggie smirked as she looked back at Dimitri. Her hands grabbed one of the knives in her belt and she pulled it up, stabbing it into the side of his neck.

Blood spilt from his skin and down her hand. His grip loosened around Maggie and she gave her father one last look.

"You were my family once, but I found a new one. They're saving me," Maggie said.

"I'm your father," Dimitri gasped.

"You stopped being my father the day you took me from my mom," Maggie said. She pushed Dimitri's hands off of her and he let go at the same moment that Natasha slammed into Maggie.

Maggie watched Dimitri fall as Natasha got the backpack on her and deployed the parachute. Dimitri fell out of sight and Maggie looked at Natasha.

"You saved me," Maggie said breathlessly.

"I told you. You're family and I love you," Natasha said.

"Then this might be a good time to tell you that he shot me and I'm feeling pretty shitty right about now," Maggie winced.

"Fury?" Natasha said.

"Under you. Get ready," Fury said, turning the helicopter on the side.

When they were close enough to drop in, Natasha unbuckled the parachute and they dropped into the helicopter.

She strapped Maggie into one of the seats beside Sam, grabbing her headphones again to talk to Fury.

"We gotta land. She needs a hospital," Natasha said.

"On it," Fury said. Sam put his hand over the bleeding hole in her stomach to try and keep her from bleeding out.

Maggie swallowed the blood in her mouth and ignored the pounding in her head. She looked at Natasha and smiled slightly.