Six

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Natasha smirked at Steve as they drove to New Jersey. Steve was driving, with Natasha sprawled in the passenger seat. Maggie was in the back, sipping on a can of Redbull she'd found in the minifridge in the back of the car.

"Nazi Germany," Steve said.

"Hm," Natasha hummed.

"And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash," Steve said. Natasha smirked but took them down.

"Now you sound like Nat," Maggie said. Both adults rolled their eyes.

"Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?" Natasha said.

"Oh, this will be good," Maggie said.

"What?" Steve sighed.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" Natasha asked. Maggie laughed loudly in the back, making Steve blush slightly.

"That bad, huh?" Steve said.

"I didn't say that. Magdalena, stop laughing," Natasha scolded. Maggie rolled her eyes but shut up.

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying," Steve said.

"No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had," Natasha said.

"You don't need practice," Steve said.

"Everybody needs practice," Maggie said. She'd never even had her first kiss. Being a child assassin didn't really do much for her dating life.

"It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead," Steve scoffed.

"Nobody special, though?" Natasha said. Steve chuckled.

"Believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience," Steve said.

"Well, that's alright. You just make something up," Natasha said.

"What, like you?" Steve said.

"I don't know. The truth is a matter of circumstances. It's not all things to all people all the time. And neither am I," Natasha said.

"That's a tough way to live," Steve said.

"Yeah," Maggie mumbled.

"It's a good way not to die, though," Natasha said quietly.

"You know, it's kind of hard to trust someone when you don't know who that someone really is," Steve said.

"Yeah, who do you want me to be?" Natasha looked at Steve.

"How about a friend?" Steve said.

"Well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Rogers," Natasha chuckled lightly.

"Are we gonna ignore the fact that Nat just got friendzoned?" Maggie said.

"What?" Steve said.

"Slang," Natasha said quickly.

"You're ruining my Avenger mom and dad couple," Maggie fake scowled, making them both laugh.

Steve pulled the car to a stop outside of an abandoned military base where the signal had led them to.

"This is it," Steve said. The three of them piled out of the car.

"The file came from these coordinates," Natasha eyed the coordinates on the metal gates.