There was silence for a few seconds while Fury let her words wash over him. He nodded slowly.

"Something powerful was taken from SHIELD," Fury said.

"Oh?" Magdalena raised an eyebrow.

"Something that will do tremendous damage in the wrong hands. We need your help to retrieve it and the man who took it," he said.

"Who took it?" Magdalena said.

"A god from another planet. Loki," Fury said. Magdalena rolled the information over in her head.

"Why do I need your help?" she asked.

"Because we can protect you from whoever you're running from, but only if you agree to help us," Fury said.

"You can't protect me, Director, and certainly not against them," Magdalena said.

"So, you're not in?" Fury raised an eyebrow.

Magdalena considered it quickly. If she went with him, she would probably have a bit longer alive than she was currently expecting. She also wouldn't be running or hiding. And, if she did manage to make it out alive, she'd have a hell of a story to tell at parties.

"When do we leave?" Magdalena said. Fury looked surprised. Magdalena smiled slightly.

Always keep them on their toes, never let them know your next move. It was natural to her, now.

"Right now," Fury nodded.

Magdalena grabbed the backpack off the floor by her feet and swung it over her shoulders. She pulled her blonde ponytail free of the straps and followed him out of the door.

They stepped out of the warehouse and Magdalena stared at the Quinjet waiting to take them to the Helicarrier above them. Fury looked at Magdalena, waiting for a reaction.

"We can stop for, uh, Starbucks, yes?" Magdalena looked at him. He raised an eyebrow. "What? If I'm fighting your battles, I need coffee," she said.

"Will you give me your name?" Fury said.

"Yes," Magdalena nodded. He raised an eyebrow. "Sokolov," she said. He raised an eyebrow. "It's what you asked," she said.

"Fine. We'll stop for Starbucks," Fury sighed, ushering her onto the jet.

"So worth the weird looks about arriving in a jet," Magdalena hummed as she sipped her coffee from Starbucks. Fury rolled his eyes from beside her, leading her and Maria Hill into the Helicarrier to find the rest of the makeshift team.

This girl was already driving him insane, but he didn't mind as much as he made out to. He knew this girl had been subjected to torture in her life so some Starbucks to cheer her up wasn't too hard to swing, especially when he and Maria Hill had estimated the girl was definitely under sixteen. Something about her reminded him of Natasha Romanoff, and it was more than the fact they'd both been trained as Black Widows.

"Did you read the information Hill gave you on the flight?" Fury said. Magdalena nodded. "We have Dr. Banner, the Hulk, here to locate the Tesseract with Tony Stark, Ironman. Agent Romanoff, Black Widow, is working closely with us, too, as is Steve Rogers, Captain America," Fury said.

Magdalena had little care for names and personalities. When she had a job, all that mattered was that she got it done and left no traces behind. Personal things were collateral damage, opening Magdalena up to get hurt if something went wrong. Being heartless and detached was the best way for her to work if she wanted to succeed and keep working.