one

The only sounds that accompanied her through her whole life was the clock ticking every minute and the door to her hospital room that would open frequently whenever visiting hours came

The only sounds that accompanied her through her whole life was the clock ticking every minute and the door to her hospital room that would open frequently whenever visiting hours came. Eun Baeksool was staring at her ceiling as her fingers tapped against the soft mattress she was laying on. The tapping was following the ticking sound the clock was making as she hummed out a song that her friends had made her listen recently. The moonlight was illuminating her dark room and she was having trouble sleeping once again.

Her gaze moved from the ceiling to the small picture frame that her parents brought the other day. Her eyes lingered on the picture for a solid two minutes before she got up in a sitting position and took the frame in her hands. It was a picture of her family where she was on the back of her father as her mother laughed watching the two family members goofing around. The picture wasn't supposed to be framed but her parents thought it was better for her to have a framed one instead of having to turn on her phone to look at the picture.

A smile crept up her lips as her finger caresses the figure of her mom and dad. She knew that she was on a time limit and that she won't be able to see the daylight one day. That was one of the reason on why she couldn't sleep on most days. Although her doctor didn't tell her about her time limit , she still had it coming because of the obvious increasing amount of medications she had to take but that didn't made her sad. Her time limit wasn't an obstacle for her. She thinks of it as a challenge. A challenge the universe was giving her to see if she could finish the things that she wanted to do in life or not.

The creaking sound of the door opening made her perk her head up and saw the same nurse that would come every hour to check up on her. The nurse was like an older sister to her and she made sure to be as clingy as possible just to annoy her. " Hari unnie ! " Baeksool beemed and Hari had just rolled her eyes at the younger. Shin Hari hated how Baeksool made it felt like she had a little sister but she knew that Baeksool just wanted to make the most out of her life right now. " why are you not asleep yet young lady ? It's nearly two in the morning now " Hari exclaimed as she starts to work on her duties.

Hari's words had made Baeksool slumped herself in her bed and set the photo frame back on table next to her bed. " blame Jaemin for making me listen to a song this morning , it keeps ringing in my ears whenever I close my eyes " Baeksool scrunched up her nose when the melody of the song starts rewinding itself in her head right after she mentioned about it. Hari shakes her head lightly while letting out soft chuckles because of Baeksool's words. Hari finishes up her work and then finally looks towards Baeksool who had her lips pouted slightly.

Hari's heart tugged at the sight and she felt a saddening feeling washing over her as she thinks about how she was going to lose the girl that likes to cling onto her each time she comes to her room to do her work. Heaving out a silent sigh , Hari tucked Baeksool and the girl on the bed snaps her head at the older as the pout that was on her face was now replaced with a wide smile. Hari felt her heart cracking when she saw Baeksool's bright smile but still smiled back at the younger nonetheless. Her hand landed on Baeksool's head as she pats it gently.

" go to sleep Baeksool , you don't want to oversleep tomorrow and miss seeing your parents "